You stupid, f*(king cow! (Read 975 times)

how scary! Shocked I'm just glad you weren't hurt! Fortunately, most of my running routes can be planned for areas created for pedestrians. The very few times I need to interact with vehicular traffic, I always ASSume they don't see me...even if I have the right of way. That said, I have seen areas where people are forced to run where there really is no safe alternative, they are abiding by the rules of the road, but taking a huge risk running with vehicular traffic. scary stuff! stay safe!

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

MI Vehicle Code- Pedestrians on Highways
      Well I was definitely within the law, then. I was telling hubby that next time I am down Anderson I should figure out which house is hers (most houses out there don't have garages), then put a little "I know what you did last Thursday" note on her door. Though THAT would probably be illegal, LOL! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Glad to hear you're ok.
          This situation (unfortunately) reminds me of yet another running quote:
          I don't think jogging is healthy, especially morning jogging. If morning joggers knew how tempting they looked to morning motorists, they would stay home and do sit-ups. ~Rita Rudner
          They're just jealous. Big grin
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I LOVE Rita Rudner! Her dry wit cracks me up! And I do wonder if a LOT of motorists who fail to give runners room or the right-of-way are simply bitter and acting out because they aren't being as proactive with their own fitness. I know I used to feel sorta annoyed by joggers when I was overweight and out-of-shape (heh, I mean moreso than I currently am, LOL). Though I still was very careful to give them plenty of room...I didn't want any dents on my car! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay