Forrest Gump Day (Read 4715 times)

Kenotic Runner

Today's a Forrest Gump Day.

The shortest distance coast-to-coast is 2,092 miles, between Jacksonville, Florida and San Diego, California.

Two times that (coast-to-coast and back) is 4,184 miles.

This evening's run ended with 4,186.6 miles to-date since logging my runs, which is nearly every mile I've run.

While I haven't literally run between Florida and California and back, I have run many wonderful places since starting running in 2005.

It's time to turn around, and head back the other way.

Mama says they was magic shoes. They could take me anywhere.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mama says they was magic shoes. They could take me anywhere.

Excellent!  Enjoy your return trip. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I look my best blurry!

That is really cool!  That might have to be a goal.  To make it to "Forest Gump Day"  
        Kenotic Runner

Current total miles run is now roughly the distance across Eurasia.  Smile

mark-bixler

I only have 46.9 miles to go!!  Currently at 4139.7

That's all I got to say about that.

Listen. Yeah, it's gonna hurt some. That's the marathon business.

But here's the thing. When it starts to get intense, that's not time to panic. This is what you wanted to happen. It means that all the training, all the miles, all the wakeups, all the cold, all the wet, all the sleep-deprived days and all the shit you've done to yourself over the last 6 plus months is finally about to pay off. It means you've put yourself where you wanted to be. You've given yourself an opportunity that very few will ever have. You've given yourself a chance.

Now finish it.

ymmv

stupid is as stupid runs
              Kenotic Runner

+1

stupid is as stupid runs

Do you realize that he (Forest) ran ALL those miles in the same set of shoes?!?!?! 

My shoes look like crap after 500 miles. But at least I'm not running in Nikes.

mdmccat

Half Fanatic #846

My Forrest Gump Day will arrive in about 6 or 7 weeks, but only after having run in a lot more than just one pair of shoes!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Instead of the pace bunnyies in the user groups, it would be cool to pick two places on a map and track your running against those trips. Examples would be running across the country, running the sahara, around the world, etc

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Well, here's where I could have run to so far this year, assuming I ran in a straight line and didn't run into silly things like mountains, canyons, etc.

That's pretty cool!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Menace to Sobriety

Today's a Forrest Gump Day.

It was a Lebron James day for me. It was so friggin' hot I bailed on the last quarter of my run.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

xor

I ignored this thread for months because Forrest Gump (especially the running angle) annoys the heck out of me.

I finally opened it.

Wow. What a cool idea!  Good job to those of you who have cracked this fun little mileage barrier, or others.

Former runner

I celebrated my Forest Gump day today. Big grin  Back in March 2008 when I started C25K, 4188 miles would have been unimaginable.

Ross