7 Year Runniversary (Read 1123 times)

7 years! 

7 years ago I started running.

7 years ago I smoked 1 - 2 packs of cigarettes a day, and had for 15 years...I quit just after I started running.

7 years ago I married a wonderful supportive husband that encourages every minute I spend running.

7 years ago I ran my first 5k (and I just got a PR this weekend, a small one, but a PR and dammit I will take it!).

7 is good.

Happy runniversary to me!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Happy happy!  AND 7 years ago you started on the road that would lead you to RA! Evil

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Happy happy!  AND 7 years ago you started on the road that would lead you to RA! Evil

Yes!  And my first post on RA was in '07!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It is a lucky #!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ojo

Happy Runniversary to you!  And here's to the next 7 years!  Big grin

Sara

MM #2929

Cool Jump Suit

Congratulations Jen!  It has been an honor to be just a small part of your running career.  Thank you for everything you have done and continue to do for me!  I wish you many more happy runniversaries.  You are the best!! Big grin

So bittersweet,
              This tragedy
              Won't ask for absolution;
              This melody,
              Inside of me,
              Still searches for solution.
              A twist of faith,
              A change of heart
              Cures my infatuation.
              A broken heart, 
              Provides the spark
              For my determination.

Slice

Happy Runniversary! (and I love that term!) Now get out there and run to a gas station to buy a lotto ticket with lots of 7's on it...

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Happy Runniversary! (and I love that term!) Now get out there and run to a gas station to buy a lotto ticket with lots of 7's on it...

Ooooo, good idea!  I think I will do this tonight!

7 years! 

7 years ago I smoked 1 - 2 packs of cigarettes a day, and had for 15 years...I quit just after I started running.

7 years ago I married a wonderful supportive husband that encourages every minute I spend running.

7 years ago I ran my first 5k (and I just got a PR this weekend, a small one, but a PR and dammit I will take it!).

7 is good.

Congratulations, Knifey!  Very cute. 

Am I doing this right?

7 years! 

7 is good.

Great success story!  Thanks for sharing.  Congrats!

No excuses....

#artbydmcbride

Happy Runninversary!  Smile

Runners run

Happy Runniversary and Anniversary and manyversary Jen!

Does 7 years of running mean you start getting an itch for something else?

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

anneb

Happy runniversary to you! Smile

Anne

Does 7 years of running mean you start getting an itch for something else?

Hmmm, doubtful.  Took me 30 years to get an itch for running...I'm pretty lazy.  Check back in 23 years.

And tomorrow I hit 7000 lifetime miles.