Ankle soreness resources (Read 445 times)

an amazing likeness

Anyone have recommendations for good sites which explain cause and treatments for ankle pains? I've got a growing problem with (what I think might be tendonitis) in the tendons / ligaments / muscles that 'invert' (I think that's the term for when you pull the ankle inward, like you were pointing your big toe at something) my left ankle. I start out fine, then at about an hour of running it starts to get real painful. I can reduce the pain by making the foot strike be way in front of my body, so that the 'break over' point when I stride forward is never behind me. This is new. I don't like it. Ouch. I'm icing, with no real success.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

www.sportsinjuryclinic.net Whole section for Foot/Ankle. Wink

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

an amazing likeness

What a good resource that site is, thank you for the quick referral Cheffy. "Tibialis Posterior Syndrome" seems the be the fitting description of my problem from their list of possibilities. Sounds fancy and severe. I like that. I shall have to use that at home -- much better than 'sore ankle'.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Your Welcome... Have had to frequent that site a few times this year myself. Black eye

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS"