Boston vs. New York (Read 248 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Ex runner

sunfastrose

Fatty McFatFat

Hey - we just have a very efficient way of culling the weak.

(Boston and proud)

Taken a road trip to Philadelphia yet? Whole new set of rules.

In Phiily the city proper?  It's easy.  It's pretty much a grid.

Boston, not so much.

Tokyo...I got lost all the time.  One time I wanted to get to the Tokyo Tower.  Figured I could find it just by looking up.  I kept on seeing reflections of it in those giant mirrored buildings, then realized I was seeing reflections of reflections, and never found it.  That city is a mess.

Jeff

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

One time way back when I was a kid, we were on a family vacation in NYC, walking the streets looking for the Empire State Building.  Finally asked a nice policeman how to get to the ESB, and he slapped his hand on the side of the building we were standing beside.

A Saucy Wench

I've never gotten so lost as in this little town in Florida (I dont remember the name) where my sister lived.  What I didnt know when I set out for my walk is that there was a big ass deserted construction project.  Huge.  In the middle of the subdivision.  So every time I tried to work my way back to where I started I would hit a dead end.  Except none of the streets had dead end signs at the intersection, you had to go about 1/4 mile down each road and then there would be a barricade.  No way to run around the barricade or even hug the barricade until you could get around.  Or see how big it was.  Turn around.  Try to go east at the next road, same thing.   So my 30 minute walk turned into a 2-3 hour tour.

I was 12.  My parents were royally freaked out by the time I made it home.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Knit1Run2

Master of Chaos

Umm,  I am from Boston, live in the Boston area and I never drive in that area.  But, yeah, you don't like our streets?  Then don't come here.

I actually do give people directions when they ask.  The last time was a guy asking me where Cambridge Street is and he is standing with his back to the giant sign saying Cambridge Street.  I was still nice.

Best Present Ever

The last time was a guy asking me where Cambridge Street is and he is standing with his back to the giant sign saying Cambridge Street.  I was still nice.

I've had people standing on the National Mall ask me which direction the Washington Monument is, more than once.  I don't even roll my eyes!

xhristopher

I actually do give people directions when they ask.  The last time was a guy asking me where Cambridge Street is and he is standing with his back to the giant sign saying Cambridge Street.  I was still nice.

Right after I moved to Boston I was going to an interview and I asked two police officers directions and they got into an arguement about the best way for me to go. That's Boston.

This is also true:

Pretty Cute Watching Boston Residents Play Daily Game Of ‘Big City’

It’s Fun Watching Them Hustle And Bustle Around Like They Live In A Major Metropolis,’ Nation Says

This is also true:

Pretty Cute Watching Boston Residents Play Daily Game Of ‘Big City’

It’s Fun Watching Them Hustle And Bustle Around Like They Live In A Major Metropolis,’ Nation Says

The Globe response wasn't bad either.

Runners run