Lets say we are "designed" to run... (Read 810 times)

jules2

Right, but I expect that if you were to run naked, you would not chafe at all. I'm not saying that all clothes make your chafe, or that there is a dose-dependent relationship. All I'm saying is that, while running may be natural, chafing results from the combination of clothes and running). Running is natural, clothes are not.
    I'm disapointed we have nearly reached the end of a page and no mention of running skirts.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

My ancestors were raised in the forest where Glide grows on trees and we swam in ponds of Vaseline. And early in our historic development, after wheel and fire, we realized the advantages of UnderArmour - which not only prevented chafing but wicked away the sweat as we chased our prey.
      Lane

Many of us have more flesh than we were designed/evolved to have. Which was the other point I madeBig grin
        I am 5'11" and ~145 lbs, and my armpits sometimes chafe when I don't wear a shirt. And I know for a fact it has nothing to do with my bulging/ripped biceps.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm disapointed we have nearly reached the end of a page and no mention of running skirts.
          You have issues reading for detail, don't you...?Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Best Present Ever

Don't y'all think that if we were always naked and moved our bodies long distances on a regular basis that we'd have thicker skin in the chafable regions? Though, to statisfy some readers, I'll say that the running skirt is the defense I've personally evolved to manage chafing.

#artbydmcbride

Obviously it is bathing that that disturbs our natural defenses against chafing. Bathing strips our skins of vital oils and protective dirt. And that evil; Shaving! If we didn't bathe or shave, we could run for hours naked and free and never chafe!! Big grin

Runners run

Bugs

Nah, my butt's bigger than yours and I didn't chafe or even use any "lubes" on my butt to prevent chafing. Something about the bottoms you wore must have moved-around on your tush.
                Ya it was some sort wet shorts rubbing on the wrappers of my jolly ranchers. It really hard to run and unbind underwear without dropping your pace. Maybe its in pfitz's 2nd Addition of Advanced Marathoning.

Bugs

Bugs

Looks like a running skirt to me...

Bugs

If this thread is for a joke, I don't mean to spoil it but... I think chafing is actually both due to clothes as well as skin. I've had my share of chafing under my arm-pit area from no-sleeve T-shirts. I guess this is the kind ladies sometimes get from jogging/running bra (I can only assume since I never wore running bra...honest!!). I always get some chafing in my inner thighs in the spring when I start running in shorts outside. It's never where my legs rubs against shorts. It's skin against skin. But it always go away after awhile. I guess it's an old-fashion way but I usually live with the pain in the first week or so; then it just goes away. I don't know if any scientific research has been done with this (Rich_???) but, I swear to God, you'll get used to it...at least in my case; so I just don't think much of it. It seems the more I run on treadmill during the winter in shorts (I mean, a long duration), the less I get chafing in the spring. So it's just a battle between bearing some pain in the spring vs. bearing boredom of including some longer runs on treadmill during the winter... Slightly off the topic; I've read somewhere that human is the ONLY animal (I guess except for that rizzard in Australia that runs across water on their hind legs...and ostrich...though I guess they are technically not quite "animal" but "bird"...) that RUNS on two feet. It's because of the curviture of the spine and the angle of the hip bones. So, yes, I guess we ARE "designed" to run...