New Saucony Hattori (Read 2317 times)

A running shoe that feels like it's an extension of your foot and fits like a sock - the Saucony Hattori is the most minimal shoe in the Saucony line and will bring you even closer to running barefoot. The upper features ultralite mesh with synthetic exoskeleton lockdowns and soft suede overlays. A hook-and-loop closure replaces traditional laces and another strap around the heel and offers additional customized fit options. CMEVA midsole controls overpronation and provides metatarsal cushioning. XT-900® carbon rubber heel increases traction without sacrificing durability. Wt. 4.4 oz. this shoe is pretty sick looking. does anyone have a pair?

Goals For 2011:

sub 2:30 800m

Sub 6:00 Mile (PR 5:34)

Sub 20:00 5k

250 Mile Club

Ha ha ha ha!!  Made me chuckle.  You know, Hattori is the name of a famous cartoon ninja character!! ;o)

bhearn

I bought a pair at the Boston expo. 4.95 oz in M11.5!

I have high hopes for these replacing my VFF Bikilas for short recovery trail runs, because the VFFs are just so damn hard to put on. But so far I have only run in them once. Something is going on in my right foot post-Boston / Vancouver Marathons, and I don't want to push it.

keeponrunning

I haven't tried them, but I think I may use them as my next shoe.  However, I have two new pairs of Adizeros right now, so that's gonna be awhile.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Ha ha ha ha!!  Made me chuckle.  You know, Hattori is the name of a famous cartoon ninja character!! ;o)

Hattori Hanzo was a real life samurai and ninja who pops up in all sorts of popular culture.

Marquess of Utopia

Local running store just called: My Hattori's are in! I have waited for this moment since I was 7 years old.

After watching TMNT I decided to be a ninja when I grew up.

TMNT

Marquess of Utopia

A running shoe that feels like it's an extension of your foot and fits like a sock - the Saucony Hattori is the most minimal shoe in the Saucony line and will bring you even closer to running barefoot. The upper features ultralite mesh with synthetic exoskeleton lockdowns and soft suede overlays. A hook-and-loop closure replaces traditional laces and another strap around the heel and offers additional customized fit options. CMEVA midsole controls overpronation and provides metatarsal cushioning. XT-900® carbon rubber heel increases traction without sacrificing durability. Wt. 4.4 oz. this shoe is pretty sick looking. does anyone have a pair?

I've only worn them once so take this review with a grain of salt. I run 90 - 100 miles per week, I weight 150lbs. I wear the Kinvara's as a daily trainer and the A4's for workouts and races up to a 1/2 marathon.

The Hattori’s feels great to run in, but they look like aqua shoes.

So I took the Hattori out for a short easy 8 mile run. I thought that would be conservative. Two hours after the run I felt a sore/inflamed spot just above of the inside of my ankle, I’ve been icing it for 2 days and it feels ok to run on so I think I’ve avoided an injury. I have an important race less than 2 weeks out; so I’ll wait until after that to wear them again.

Next time I will only run 4 miles on grass/dirt.

Compared to the A4 and Nike Streak XC 2:

A4- Heel (16mm), Forefoot (10mm) *without insole

XC Streak: Stack Height: Heel (21mm), Forefoot (18mm); non-removable insole

Hattori- Heel (13mm), Forefoot (13mm); non-removable insole

The A4 feel like it offers the most cushioning out of the three, followed by the XC streak and finally the Hattori. The Hattori is a insole with a thin stretchy mesh upper. They are made to be worn without socks. With or without socks I still had to purchase a ½ larger than my other shoes.

bcarey

Just bought my pair from the local running store. I'm an 11 in Kinvaras, and bought an 11.5. They feel a bit big though. Should these be snug? That being said, they are very comfortable. I might do some runs in these but will probably stick with the Kinvaras mostly. Thinking about using these in the Runaway Jim 5K next weekend at the Phish festival.