Garmin Connect changes (Read 335 times)

eric :)

Hi all,

Garmin has replaced their service of sending your workout files to RunningAHEAD with another one. I have made the switch over a few minutes ago.  I did a few spot checks on a few logs and everything looks good. This change is completely transparent to you, and you do not need to do anything. If your workout files are not coming through, please let me know. Thank you.

eric Smile

Prince of Fatness

Thanks Eric. The only thing that I noticed is that the workout that I already imported and saved this morning just appeared again. I deleted it since it’s a duplicate.

Not at it at all. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I had some weird issue with RunGap, but it was even before I uploaded my workout to Connect and Strava. But it didn't show. I tried uploading manually, but all 3 available formats have failed and I received a couple of error messages, in the process of trying to upload to RA.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

HermosaBoy

I received a few duplicates from the weekend just now, but not the walk I recently completed this afternoon.

Will let you know if it shows up a bit later.

ETA -- walk just showed up and a duplicate from the 26th. The duplicates are easy to delete.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

an amazing likeness

Workout from Garmin Connect has not yet appeared in RA log's 'in box' after approximately 35min since upload to Garmin.

Just for testing, I exported .fit from Garmin and uploaded to RA file importer -- also not processed.

Intended as fyi. Assume you're working on tweaking the integration...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, and there are 5 uploads, including ones that gave me error messages! Tongue Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Today's run imported just fine, but it did bring along a friend that was a duplicate from last week, which was easily deleted.

Thanks Eric

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

I forgot to mention that there will be duplicates. Garmin's two systems probably aren't aware of each other. When I switched to use the new service, the new service sent over workouts that were already sent by the old.

Hi milktruck,

Your workout came through at 5:41 PM EST. Please let me know if you don't see it in your log.

Workout from Garmin Connect has not yet appeared in RA log's 'in box' after approximately 35min since upload to Garmin.

Just for testing, I exported .fit from Garmin and uploaded to RA file importer -- also not processed.

Intended as fyi. Assume you're working on tweaking the integration...

an amazing likeness

Hi milktruck,

Your workout came through at 5:41 PM EST. Please let me know if you don't see it in your log.

Yes, it was in RA log's 'in box' and available for import as you note. Imported with no errors.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I got 9 old workouts that I had previously saved. Not a big deal, but it startled me a bit.

kcam

My run from yesterday has not appeared on RA (via the Garmin Connect route) so I tried to upload the Garmin .fit file directly and got an error ...

This file cannot be imported. Possible reasons are:

• Your data file is not in the correct format.
                          • The file is in a new format.
                          • There is a bug in the importer code.

If you are certain that the file has no errors, please contact me for assistance.

The file I tried importing is a Garmin .fit file.

Update:  Still can't import any .fit files but I exported this particular run as a .tcx file and it was uploaded correctly.

HappyFeat

My run for today has not yet appeared in RA inbox. It is in Garmin Connect.

ETA: It's here now :-)

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My run from yesterday has not appeared on RA (via the Garmin Connect route) so I tried to upload the Garmin .fit file directly and got an error ...

This file cannot be imported. Possible reasons are:

• Your data file is not in the correct format.
                              • The file is in a new format.
                              • There is a bug in the importer code.

If you are certain that the file has no errors, please contact me for assistance.

The file I tried importing is a Garmin .fit file.

Update:  Still can't import any .fit files but I exported this particular run as a .tcx file and it was uploaded correctly.

I just got the same when trying to upload a Zwift workout (.fit format).

~ Sarah Kay

dumrunner

A run and a walk from this morning appeared quickly via Garmin Connect.

A walk just completed hasn't appeared yet.