Zensah compression sleeves (Read 1647 times)

Holy crap, do we get hung up on gadgets or what? And this is coming from a Garmin/Five Fingers man.

I wanna see some real data on these, though I suspect it's there. (I'm just lazy.)

Then, I wanna see some value-added applied research -- for, um, ya know, other "potential" applications.

Every (nano) second, or optical inch (millimeter) counts, ya know.

I even have a two-word trademarkable (I think) slogan for it.

(Both words rhyme with rock.)

xor

A Garmin Five Fingers man sounds like a pickpocket with a really good sense of direction.

jpnairn

straw man

I bought rugby socks. Same thing only cheaper. Tight, knee high socks.

He who has the best time wins. Jerry

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

So...what is the deal with their sizing?  I see that they have S/M and L/XL.  .

They're pretty vague, other than to say that L/XL is good for people 5'9" and up.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Holy crap, do we get hung up on gadgets or what? And this is coming from a Garmin/Five Fingers man.

I wanna see some real data on these, though I suspect it's there. (I'm just lazy.)

Then, I wanna see some value-added applied research -- for, um, ya know, other "potential" applications.

Every (nano) second, or optical inch (millimeter) counts, ya know.

I even have a two-word trademarkable (I think) slogan for it.

(Both words rhyme with rock.)

I'm more interested in something to keep my legs warm on race day when the race starts at or below freezing and ends in the 50s or 60s.  I'd like to not have to wear full-length tights, but may want them early-on.  This is a nice solution.  And if they help with calf cramping issues...bonus!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

So...what is the deal with their sizing?  I see that they have S/M and L/XL.  I don't exactly have small calves (for example, sometimes even boot-cut jeans are snug around my calves)...widest part around is almost 15" around.  Would I want the larger size?  They don't really give any idea of sizing on their site.

I don't have small calves and I bought the S/M; they could stand to be a little tighter for my taste. 

Did some digging through some saved "favorites" this morning and here are a couple of things I still had for the Zensah Compression sleeves

This link has a sizing chart

http://www.dme-direct.com/calf-support-sleeve-compression-shin-splint/

This link has some comments/reviews

http://runcolo.com/blog/the-zensah-calf-compression-sleeves/

Like I said earlier, I like the feel and the compression, but I have trouble with them staying up.  My left calf is over 15 1/2" which according to the size chart really puts into the larger of the two sizes, but I went with the smaller size and still have a problem. My wife thinks that it's probably because it slides and rolls on the hair.

Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

I'm more interested in something to keep my legs warm on race day when the race starts at or below freezing and ends in the 50s or 60s.  I'd like to not have to wear full-length tights, but may want them early-on.  This is a nice solution.  And if they help with calf cramping issues...bonus!

Zoom,

You will totally love these for the whole cramping issue. I thought of that immediately after I had remembered reading your first Marathon report about how your calf siezed up. Ever since my muscle tear, that calf is crampy, and I really feel like they help alot. I have MONDO calves, and I wear the smalls. The key is to wash them often, so that the fabric snaps back. The more times you wear them, the more stretched out they become with just regular runs.

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Anyone know how these compression sleeves for athletes are different from the compression socks given to older people to help with lower leg circulation?  When my wife first saw me with mine she chuckled and said, "that's what my grandma used to wear."

Lazy idiot

Anyone know how these compression sleeves for athletes are different from the compression socks given to older people to help with lower leg circulation?  When my wife first saw me with mine she chuckled and said, "that's what my grandma used to wear."

My suspicion is that they're really not that different, they just look "less" dorky.

I talked to my wife about maybe getting a pair, and she said I could get the TED hose at Walgreen's for about $15 less and they'd do the same thing.  I told her the premium was worth it to not look like I'm 31 going on 82.

Tick tock

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My suspicion is that they're really not that different, they just look "less" dorky.

I talked to my wife about maybe getting a pair, and she said I could get the TED hose at Walgreen's for about $15 less and they'd do the same thing.  I told her the premium was worth it to not look like I'm 31 going on 82.

Heh, yep...I'm thinking the orange ones might be kinda fun. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Heh, yep...I'm thinking the orange ones might be kinda fun. Big grin

A MUST for the Zoom Fashionista .....

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

I wear compression stuff a lot for recovery... I am a fan.

The biggest benefit to the Zensah ones I've found is that they start at the ankle, which means you can wear them a bit more until they need washed.

Less washing = longer periods of good compression before they get too loose.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.