Side Stitching Survey (Read 60 times)

pbwilson

Hi everyone,

The Old Dominion University Human Performance Laboratory is doing an anonymous survey on how various factors such as sleep, stress, psychological characteristics, etc. relate to “side stitching” in runners. There is still currently a lot that is unknown about the factors that contribute to this problem, hence the purpose of this survey.

If you’re at least 18 years of age and running 10+ miles/week, you’re eligible. The survey takes about 10-15 minutes to complete. Please consider filling out the survey if you're interested, or share it with other runners who might be.

https://odu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_aidsa3WEbRBKOK9

Did it.

As with most surveys, I wonder what it's REALLY looking for.

As for sideaches, I used to have them up to a few times a week in HS, less often in college, and I can't even remember the last time I had one, probably 30+ years ago. I believed the old 1950s gym teacher wisdom that they were because of eating or drinking too close to working out, but that isn't the case in my experience.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

robin from maine

The questions ask about frequency of events in the past four weeks, including trying to keep busy to avoid thinking of stressful things, or waking up and not being able to get back to sleep. The past four weeks include November 3-4th.