Coolrunning (Read 1991 times)

msanderson

Eric, any chance of finding my coolrunning log? I have tried all the way people have suggested, I can not log back into coolrunning?.....somehow I found it and was able to transfer it into Active, buy I would prefer it in your site?
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I used this method to help a friend just yesterday, posted elsewhere by a former CRer.
      I found a workaround if you don't have a cookie on your machine that remembered your login information. I'm not sure how long they will work for - I assume Active will shut these backdoors pretty quickly to lock you into their site. I just exported 5 years worth of data - glad it is still there. I had set coolrunning to remember my login information, so I did not need to specify my password and simply got my data by only specifying my username. However, once I cleared my cookies and tried to login using the approach mentioned I could no longer log in. But, I found another workaround, it is a two step process that should work for any one who remembers their username and password. In the URLs below, substitute USERNAME by your user name, and PASSWORD by the password you used on coolrunning. First you have to go through the login process: http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/register/start_prefs.cgi?UserName=USERNAME&Password=PASSWORD&goAction=login After the log in you will be redirected to the coolrunning home page, but now your login information has been remembered, and you can get to your old training log by going to: http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/log/display.cgi?u=USERNAME Then go to Tools and use the Download Your Running Log option to save your data (after saving this file, you can open it with excel).
      It worked great!
        I just sent an e-mail to the Active help desk asking for them to send my log. And they did!!!!

Imminent Catastrophe

I just got an email from Coolrunning. I thought they was dead.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

They've kept it going sorta kinda. Not exactly sure why.  It would be like continuing to sell something called NEW COKE.

"Look, we are going to remind you of something painful that we screwed up."

Anyway, perhaps our New England friends have better info.  I still occasionally see race results aggregated in coolrunning.

Coolrunning is still the best race calendar / race results database that I know of.  That's all I've used it for in 4 or 5 years.

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

Lazarus??!!  Is that you?   Shocked

Runners run

Maggie & Molly

Coolrunning is still the best race calendar / race results database that I know of.  That's all I've used it for in 4 or 5 years.

I use it still to search races.  I don't know of any other sites

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                  Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

sluggo

John

I agree, at least for the MA/NH area, coolrunnning is THE place to go to for finding races and for viewing race results.

However, logging was killed years ago and I assume discussions died when the logging was killed. Coolrunning might still be sending me email but I have a rule in place to send it all to my trash bin.

I would like to see RA start listing races and results like coolrunning does - but I suspect that it would never take off here in New England.

John
                    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

beat

Break on through

To Coolrunning:  Those freaks was right when they said you was dead.

Smile

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

I use it still to search races.  I don't know of any other sites

+1  (active.com is very limited)