BCS - Florida # 1 but what about Boise State ? (Read 489 times)

Prophet!

every year - the same story...there has to be a playoff for a proper national champions. Boy that was some serious whuppin by Florida - but i being part of a WAC school i must stick up for the undefeated (the only one) Boise State...they deserved a shot at national championship.

Cryptic

I agree a 8 team play off or at least a plus one scenario would be great. Florida would Kill Boise State in my opinion but the crappy thing is we will never know!
      JakeKnight

I agree a 8 team play off or at least a plus one scenario would be great. Florida would Kill Boise State in my opinion but the crappy thing is we will never know!
        Yup. The lack of a playoff system of some sort has always killed my interest in college football, unless its my alma mater playing. Wait. Boise State has a football team?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Wait. Boise State has a football team?
          Ask Oklahoma
          My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48

Prophet!

i must admit that I hate Boise State..being that had they play Hawaii later in the season we would have broken that zero in that last column...but they would have put up much more of a fight than Ohio State and probably had a good chance of beating Florida..

Cryptic

I am the go for the underdog kinda of guys most of the time so I would be in Boise states corner if they played more than likely but I have trouble believing that a team that had to beat oklahoma in overtime could expect a result different than what we saw last night. BTW Ohio State beat Oklahoma 28-10 this year and if I remember correctly it was a rather lop sided game that the score just doesn't really show. I was listening to Dan Patrick earlier and he was interviewing Boise's coach(can't remember his name) and he said that as a competitor he would love a shot at Florida however he doesn't think any team in nation could compete with the Florida that played last night. They were just too fast and too strong. He also said he would have gone for it on that fourth and one that OS didn't convert so take that for what it is worth.

Cryptic

oh and I was listening to the Herd this morning and all the OS fans were calling in saying how they would have won if Ginn didn't get hurt. Shouldn't the best team in the nation be able to pick up the slack? I wanted to call in and say just imagine if you had to play, LSU next week, Arkansas the week after and to give you a break you get to go play Tennessee the week after that. Welcome to the SEC....okay enough of my incoherent crap.