Spam in Messages (Read 86 times)

Anybody else getting spam personal messaged from user 'thecheetah'?  Dude should be banned.

JMac11

Taper Czar

Fun fact I learned this week - cheetahs migrated from North America to Africa

5K: 16:42 (9/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:15:28 (3/20)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Next Race: Whatever COVID-19 will allow me to run 

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Anybody else getting spam personal messaged from user 'thecheetah'?  Dude should be banned.

Yes.  7 invitations to the same "marathon"

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

wcrunner2

I'm out of ideas

Yes.  7 invitations to the same "marathon"

I only got 4.

2020 Races:

10/24/20 - Piedmont-8

gpageau

I only got one, but it's still not a welcome message.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I got 4. It's really sketchy, but has only happened to me one other time in the last 12 years. If it becomes a thing, we might need a rule that you have to be an RA member for some period of time before you can PM. Maybe there are better ways to handle it.

Beware of a tall blond man with one black shoe.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I'm wondering if it's a bot parsing through each thread in turn.  So people that participate in more threads get more spam messages.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

I only got 2. I feel neglected.

CanadianMeg

Road to Nowhere 2020

I got four or five. I quit counting. I did forward one on to Eric so the dude could be banned.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

rlopez

I thought I posted about this guy, but apparently it was a dream.

Hey, thecheetah? FUCK YOU. GO AWAY.

runningahead - can we have an "ignore" function for PMs? I need it for this guy and a creepy stalker dude.

Elite Jogger

Hey, thecheetah? FUCK YOU. GO AWAY.

Show him your knife!  I was hoping for 8 messages...but only got 4. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Hmm, I got another one today, so he's still around.  What rlopez said.

Beware of a tall blond man with one black shoe.

I got two more today!  That makes about 8 or 9 invites to this 'marathon'.

I'm getting them, too.

Invites to run as marathon from some wild cat. I have no interest in running a marathon, they are too long and too short to interest me.

55-59 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

RunnerKSA

I've only gotten one!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth