hip joint hurts when running (Read 2334 times)

vicentefrijole

I've had similar experiences with treadmills! I think it's because they're kinda boring (it's not like the scenery is changing)... they can be really dangerous if you take a bad step! Shocked
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

One more reason to not be in love with the idea of running on a treadmill. I think I will brave the elements of MI Winter running, rather than find access to a treadmill. Glad you figured out the source of the pain--I hope that really is the cause, since the fix for that should be pretty simple--no more treadmills! k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Or at least... no more running with your eyes closed while on the treadmill! It's been about 95 all week here in NC... treadmills are a good thing!!! Either way I'm feeling better. Yay!

Roads were made for journeys...

vicentefrijole

It's been about 95 all week here in NC... treadmills are a good thing!!!
          Yeah, and if you're trying to run on a cold midwest winter morning (below zero) and you get hit face on with a cold wind... ugh... worse than an "ice-cream headache"! I'm not a big fan of treadmills, but they definitely have their place...
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, and if you're trying to run on a cold midwest winter morning (below zero) and you get hit face on with a cold wind... ugh... worse than an "ice-cream headache"! I'm not a big fan of treadmills, but they definitely have their place...
            Quit reminding me of how awful that time of year can be...I'm living in my own little state of denial (would anyone care to join me?). Hopefully our next home will have room for a treadmill, since I would like one to get me through those really harsh Winter days. I'm not yet certain what I will do when the weather is REALLY bad--fortunately we don't get too many days much below zero most years. k

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Quit reminding me of how awful that time of year can be...I'm living in my own little state of denial (would anyone care to join me?).
              My coworker and I were looking out the window this morning and were admiring the green leaves. Then we realized that they'll be all gone in a couple of months. In New England, winter is always just a few months away Sad
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My coworker and I were looking out the window this morning and were admiring the green leaves. Then we realized that they'll be all gone in a couple of months. In New England, winter is always just a few months away Sad
                Sounds just like MI. In 3-4 months we could easily have flakes of snow in the air... Sad k

~ Sarah Kay