The COVID-19 Wild West Thread (Read 601 times)

Joann Y

Wow.  For someone who did not directly participate, you have a great memory.  Yes, we have a fire pole/stripper pole in our living room.  I'm kind of scared you know this and I don't remember the context. You know you are getting old when the kids love it but your friends are afraid of breaking things.

I didn't participate in the stripper pole but I was there and raced my one and only beer mile. First place female. Not during the Trent and MrFinn years.

MTA: Jeepers, you must've been pretty drunkola!

I recall a beer mile video.

Dave

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Awesome story, thanks.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

mikeymike

SMDH.  This is a national security issue to put so many senior level executive branch official's health in jeopardy.

Just incredible levels of arrogance and stupidity from an administration that has gone out of its way to mishandle the pandemic in every possible way. They held a super spreader event at the white house--on camera in front of everyone--where they did all the things the health experts say we shouldn't do. They flouted the rules over and over and mocked those who followed their own health experts' guidelines. If my daughter was caught on camera socializing in a group larger than ten people without a mask she would get kicked out of college and we would forfeit tens of thousands of dollars in tuition. And these dumb fucks just went ahead and did it and now the senior most people in our government are all infected along with who knows how many others. Republicans really shouldn't be allowed to be in charge of anything. Vote them all out.

Yet ironically I think this will ultimately save lives, and I don't just mean as a wake-up call that will cause people to be more careful. I have no doubt that cancelling Trump's super spreader rallies especially in Wisconsin, where daily case numbers are at an all time high, will mean fewer people will get sick and die. A small silver lining to a very dark cloud. The next month is going to be insane.

Runners run

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

An of the docs in the crowd have a take on Remdesivir (the exp drug Trump received)?

Any truth to the rumor that it's the long lost Super Soldier Serum first taken by Steve Rogers?

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Remdesivir is out of trials and is no longer an experimental drug. In trials, it decreased hospitalization time among those hospitalized, but did not improve survival. It is not the drug Steve Rogers took.

The best I can tell, Trump only received a single dose of this drug, which is not typically how it is administered. Between this and some of the other treatments he has received, it sounds to me like they are just throwing the kitchen sink at him. It sounds like they are desperate.

But really, we should ask spaniel, because he is the only one that Mikkey respects.

An of the docs in the crowd have a take on Remdesivir (the exp drug Trump received)?

Any truth to the rumor that it's the long lost Super Soldier Serum first taken by Steve Rogers?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

mikeymike

Its getting more outrageous by the hour. I am a little afraid what else we will learn by tonight.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Its getting more outrageous by the hour. I am a little afraid what else we will learn by tonight.

So much doomscrolling....

~ Sarah Kay

rlopez

No, man, that's what they gave me and it surely isn't what they are giving him.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I totally disagree. The memes are on fire.

Cool Jump Suit

With limited summer weekends with the kids out of school, and taking a new role at work ~6 years ago which led to me spending 3+ months per year on the road, festivities stopped.  I think it's been 4-5 years.

With COVID things have changed and work will never be the same.  I don't expect I will need to return to such a travel schedule.  Perhaps it's time to revisit the event.  Elk is going to be in limited supply if I don't get another one however, the last one was 3 years ago.  Plenty of venison though.

My situation is reversed now.  I used to be ok at running a mile and stink at guzzling beer.  Now I'm ok at guzzling beer and stink at running a mile.  My guess is it evens out.  My time would be roughly the same.  

So bittersweet,
                          This tragedy
                          Won't ask for absolution;
                          This melody,
                          Inside of me,
                          Still searches for solution.
                          A twist of faith,
                          A change of heart
                          Cures my infatuation.
                          A broken heart, 
                          Provides the spark
                          For my determination.

Still think it’s fake? 
                            I did dis you for that earlier, but only because I thought it was not in his strategic interest to make that up. Certainly nothing that comes out of this White House can be taken at face value. There was an editorial yesterday making that point, and warning journalists that anything stated by the WH about his condition should not be believed, because “They have forfeited that privilege.”

Dave

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Still think it’s fake? 
                              I did dis you for that earlier, but only because I thought it was not in his strategic interest to make that up. Certainly nothing that comes out of this White House can be taken at face value. There was an editorial yesterday making that point, and warning journalists that anything stated by the WH about his condition should not be believed, because “They have forfeited that privilege.”

They can't even get their stories straight in a 12 hour period.

So Ron Johnson learned he was positive on the way to a fundraiser dinner and opted not to cancel or inform anyone. Is this part of the GOP playbook? Now one of my MI state senators has to quarantine after recently sitting near him. And yet Johnson remains against mask mandates while Covid tears through WI -- in particular NE WI, which is his home region, as well as where I was born and raised. I'm super concerned for my family and childhood friends who are still in the area. My home county has one hospital with a mere 25 inpatient beds...and tourists have poured into the area all weekend to look at colorful leaves...  Apparently the weekend vacationers are mask-averse, since they don't have to face the locals they might infect when they head back home in a day or two.

~ Sarah Kay