Saucony freedom iso (Read 78 times)

Daniel

Any one here have these? I'm looking to order a pair and just wondering what others thought.

SMART Approach

I tryed them on at an expo. I will say they are soft and cushiony even for a lighter shoe. A little too soft for a race I feel. I was lookng for a lighter shoe to run a half marathon in. I chose the Saucony Kinvara again which I have been happy with. The 7 is very good and the 8 may be even better? I felt they were a little more responsive and fit my foot a bit better and a tad lighter and $50 less expensive. Similar heel to drop of Freedom of around 4 mm difference.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Daniel

I tryed them on at an expo. I will say they are soft and cushiony even for a lighter shoe. A little too soft for a race I feel. I was lookng for a lighter shoe to run a half marathon in. I chose the Saucony Kinvara again which I have been happy with. The 7 is very good and the 8 may be even better? I felt they were a little more responsive and fit my foot a bit better and a tad lighter and $50 less expensive. Similar heel to drop of Freedom of around 4 mm difference.

Thanks four the info. I run in the triumph iso2 and really love them. I liked my kinvara 7s but I felt as if they broke down really fast so I've been in the triumph since. I'm still trying to figure out how to determine a rave shoe vs everyday runners. I'm a bigger guy so I put a little more stress on my shoes.

runlikeagirI

Thanks four the info. I run in the triumph iso2 and really love them. I liked my kinvara 7s but I felt as if they broke down really fast so I've been in the triumph since. I'm still trying to figure out how to determine a rave shoe vs everyday runners. I'm a bigger guy so I put a little more stress on my shoes.

What about the Zealot? More cushioning than the Kinvara, lighter than the Triumph.

Daniel

What about the Zealot? More cushioning than the Kinvara, lighter than the Triumph.

I've never tried them before. I've always been a big saucony fan but I also know that I need to branch out into some other brands too. Nike and Adidas don't really work well for me. I think my next next pair I might try some Brooks, but I also think if it ain't broke don't fix it!

runlikeagirI

I've never tried them before. I've always been a big saucony fan but I also know that I need to branch out into some other brands too. Nike and Adidas don't really work well for me. I think my next next pair I might try some Brooks, but I also think if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Running Warehouse just marked certain colors of the Zealot down to 73.88, and with the FB15D code you get an additional 15% off the sale price.. so that would bring it to 62.80 with free 2-day shipping and a 90 day return policy.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-MRSSAUCONY.html

(no I'm not affiliated with RW in any way.)

SMART Approach

If you want something comparable in Brooks line to your Triumph Iso, try the Brooks Ghost. Great shoe and newest model is awesome. These are my favorite daily trainers. If looking for something a bit lighter for races or quicker work outs, stick with Kinvaras. I think the 8s will be a bit more durable. They will certainly last longer if not beating on them daily.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Daniel

If you want something comparable in Brooks line to your Triumph Iso, try the Brooks Ghost. Great shoe and newest model is awesome. These are my favorite daily trainers. If looking for something a bit lighter for races or quicker work outs, stick with Kinvaras. I think the 8s will be a bit more durable. They will certainly last longer if not beating on them daily.

So am I thinking correctly in that I need my trainers but I also need a lighter racing shoe to wear on occasional training runs and during my races?

SMART Approach

Sure. It is not mandatory but it is nice to mix in other shoes for faster runs and to mix up the stresses to foot and body. Every shoe is different in that regard. Also, for racing, every ounce you drop lower to the ground can only help your pacing or performance. Some will argue for every ounce you drop you gain 2 sec per mile pace in a race. This is up for debate.....however, I am a believer!