Summer water idea. (Read 686 times)

I have a handheld water bottle (in addition to my waist belt) for shorter runs. It's 22oz and has a grip thingy and a velro pocket to hold a key. Love it. The problem was that my water -- even cold -- was getting REALLY warm REALLY quickly from (1) the hot weather, and (2) my body heat. So: I now freeze it before I run -- completely. When the whole thing is a block of ice, it stays cold throughout the run and feels like it "lasts longer". It doesn't take long to thaw, either (especially in this heat. Dead ) Hope this helps someone
    2009: BQ?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was just talking to someone recently who does this...I was like "duh, why didn't I think of that!?" Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Member Since 2008

Tricia, Thanks for switching your avatar. The last one was freaking me out.
        mbk

I think that's a great idea, but I can't do it with my handheld bottle (only my bottle pack). It gets too cold for my hand and is too uncomfortable. I tried it once with just iced gatorade and had to switch hands constantly. I don't know how you can handle the frozen bottle!
            Tricia, Thanks for switching your avatar. The last one was freaking me out.
            Haha, you're welcome!
            2009: BQ?