Runners: We're poised to take over the world! (Read 543 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, so be on the lookout for a fellow mom in my area who also runs! It's kind of a long and convoluted story, but we enrolled Dane in swimming lessons this Spring and put him in a class that was really a bit beyond his abilities, but I figured we might as well keep him in for the 6 sessions, since maybe he'd rise to the challenge (he didn't, but that's not the story). Anyhow, another mom with a DD about 6 months older than Dane also has been at each class, so we've sat by each other and chatted during class. Today I happened to mention that I run and I come to find that SHE ALSO RUNS--woot! And I also find that we are planning to run some of the same races and are in the same age group (she's about a year younger than I am). So, of course I passed along the addy for RA and my e-mail. I really hope she joins! I might actually be able to do some runs with others this Summer. One of these days Joni and I need to (finally) meet-up and get a little jog in. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

that's cool Kristen. Always fun to find people in your area that you can run with occassionally and that you see at races- adds to the fun of the race.
      http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
        One of these days Joni and I need to (finally) meet-up and get a little jog in. Big grin k
        I'm tryyyyyyying to work my way there! I'm really trying!!! If the darned body and enthusiasm were at the same level, it would help!! Big grin