Pain at slow pace? (Read 423 times)

Running Dad

It seems that since I've added long runs to my training whenever I run a slow pace < 9:00 i have knee pain. is this normal or what? it's not so much a pain as it's just a nag. it's not itbs, had that last year and i know the pain. any recs? thanks 9:00="" i="" have="" knee="" pain.="" is="" this="" normal="" or="" what?="" it's="" not="" so="" much="" a="" pain="" as="" it's="" just="" a="" nag.="" it's="" not="" itbs,="" had="" that="" last="" year="" and="" i="" know="" the="" pain.="" any="" recs?=""></ 9:00 i have knee pain. is this normal or what? it's not so much a pain as it's just a nag. it's not itbs, had that last year and i know the pain. any recs? thanks>
    Things to do this year:
    Not get an injury
    Things done this year:
    Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??

A Saucy Wench

is it happening only on the long runs or on all runs <9mm? i="" have="" a="" foot="" issue="" that="" crops="" up="" periodically="" when="" i="" run="" too="" slow,="" but="" we="" are="" talking=""></9mm?><11mm when i start to slog and change my form - if i keep my form upright and dont sink it doesnt happen.. 9mm isnt significantly slower than your normal pace that it should be affecting your gait. looking at your log i am wondering if the problem is more that you are adding long runs rather rapidly and as a fairly large % of your overall miles. you may be dealing with an instability that just doesnt show up on short miles. i can wear any dang shoe if i keep my runs short enough when="" i="" start="" to="" slog="" and="" change="" my="" form="" -="" if="" i="" keep="" my="" form="" upright="" and="" dont="" sink="" it="" doesnt="" happen..="" 9mm="" isnt="" significantly="" slower="" than="" your="" normal="" pace="" that="" it="" should="" be="" affecting="" your="" gait.="" looking="" at="" your="" log="" i="" am="" wondering="" if="" the="" problem="" is="" more="" that="" you="" are="" adding="" long="" runs="" rather="" rapidly="" and="" as="" a="" fairly="" large="" %="" of="" your="" overall="" miles.="" you="" may="" be="" dealing="" with="" an="" instability="" that="" just="" doesnt="" show="" up="" on="" short="" miles.="" i="" can="" wear="" any="" dang="" shoe="" if="" i="" keep="" my="" runs="" short=""></11mm when i start to slog and change my form - if i keep my form upright and dont sink it doesnt happen.. 9mm isnt significantly slower than your normal pace that it should be affecting your gait. looking at your log i am wondering if the problem is more that you are adding long runs rather rapidly and as a fairly large % of your overall miles. you may be dealing with an instability that just doesnt show up on short miles. i can wear any dang shoe if i keep my runs short enough>

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Running Dad

Well I didn't have any problem till the 15 miler. I actually intended on doing like 13 but I took a wrong turn and it added a few extra miles, I also ran through some mud at the beginning of the run that stayed on my shoes. It's kinda hard to explain except that when it does start if I just straighten up a little and pick up my pace it goes away, slow down it comes back. It's a pinpoint pain medial-lateral just below the knee. Right at the head of the fibula. I have pains every now and then but this one is just annoying.
        Things to do this year:
        Not get an injury
        Things done this year:
        Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??

Hawt and sexy

If it is just at a certain distance, then you might be adding mileage too fast. If you really think you need it checked, see a sports med doc.

I'm touching your pants.