Suggestions for a new bike? (Read 1710 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

is winter over yet? sigh.

I know...my bike doesn't even have a spot of dirt on it (though it does have some sweat, meh).  I want to get that white frame a bit grimy!  Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Slice

That is GORGEOUS and looks way fast!  I think you have the same Mavic Aksium wheels that my bike has, too.  Those are really spiffy.

What size did you end up with?

I got a 51. The guy at the shop didn't know really anything about it. I think it's an '07 but it looks barely ridden. And everything on it looks original. I can't decide if I'm more pumped about the bike or the deal I got on it. I just got my pedals for it and am DYING to ride it! Stupid winter... I know I bitch and complain about the heat too, I'm not even sure which is worse at this point.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You won't mind heat much at all on the bike--really.  For running I start to wuss-out once we get much over 75.  On the bike I can tolerate low-90s OK, as long as the humidity is not terrible.  Summer is great for biking.  I'm starting to believe that Winter is really only good for snowshoeing or skiing.  I think next year I may get new boots and bindings for my XC skis and screw running at all once the roads are crap.

~ Sarah Kay

looks likes the 2007 version of the bike. You can check out the bike stock information here:

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2007&Brand=Scott&Model=Contessa+CR1+Team&Type=bike

You should be excited about everything. Seems like you got a really good deal on the bike though. It retailed for $2,100 when it first came out. Good luck riding.

P.S. Riding on a trainer sucks, but if its the only thing you have just make sure you are watching a good tv show while you are riding.

"It's a must that you outwork your competition today! Think training is hard? Try losing!" Eric Thomas

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

P.S. Riding on a trainer sucks, but if its the only thing you have just make sure you are watching a good tv show while you are riding.

Check out the Robbie Ventura "Real Rides" training DVDs, too.  I'm really liking them.  They make the miles go MUCH faster than watching TV or movie...much more engaging.

~ Sarah Kay