This weather is getting ridiculous (should we worry about this?) (Read 809 times)

Just got back from a quick 5 at lunch. Weather is 54F, light winds, sunny skies. In Boston. On December 14th. What the hell is going on here?

Runners run

My dogs are fast, not me

I know, it's nuts! It's been warmer in Boston than Memphis so far this winter!! (Although, on the plus side, it's made my Dad re-think his idea to spend the winter with DH and I). We've had temps in the 70s the past two days and I've been running in short sleeves at 5:30 AM. Not right.

Robin

Have we had two nights in a row that have gone below freezing yet? I'm rethinking my long routes so, I can loop back to the house for extra water breaks. I wouldn't mind a mild winter but, I would like occasional actual winter weather.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oct. was a bit colder than normal for us, but Nov. was warmer. Other than our week of snow and ice last week our Dec. is also shaping up to be warmer than normal. I really need to rent Al Gore's documentary one of these days. This stuff scares me. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

va

If this warm weather holds up, I may forgo the treadmill, and do my long run outside this weekend!!!
            Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

According to the weather guys on channel 5 here in Boston, they said last night that the "el Nino" effect is pushing the jetstream further north, blocking the Canadian cold air from coming down. At the same time, a souther jetstream has formed, bringing the warmer air up north. I just want one good snowstorm this winter. I don't care when. I just want one.

Cryptic

It is 63 degree's right now and I couldn't be happier. The warmer the better don't jinx us warm weather fans by talking about this . ha
                  Oct. was a bit colder than normal for us, but Nov. was warmer. Other than our week of snow and ice last week our Dec. is also shaping up to be warmer than normal. I really need to rent Al Gore's documentary one of these days. This stuff scares me. k
                  I just actually watched 'An Inconvenient Truth' recently and it was great. It's a little disturbing, but Mother Earth will take care of herself, one way or the other. Either we need to shape up or many of us will die from natural disasters. I think the scariest part of the entire film was information regarding the melting of polar caps. Yikes! Kimmer
                  My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me
                  va

"If the climatic change is as profound as some of the pessimists fear, the resulting famines could be catastrophic. 'A major climatic change would force economic and social adjustments on a worldwide scale,' warns a recent report by the National Academy of Sciences, 'because the global patterns of food production and population that have evolved are implicitly dependent on the climate of the present century.' " Sounds like a description of global warming, right? Nope, this is from a Newsweek article on global cooling from the 70's. Read the whole article here: Newsweek, April 28, 1975
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just want one good snowstorm this winter. I don't care when. I just want one.
                      Sheesh, you should have been here last week! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

50 degrees here in Baltimore, Maryland... it's normally bitter and chilly (but not yet snowy) in December! ... although I am getting weird looks because I'm wearing shorts. Surprised
                        2009: BQ?
                          It got up to 50F today here in Montreal, Great White North. (not much white about it for sure) I guess I'll be wearing my shorts when I run tomorrow...
                            Global warming - my biggest guilty pleasure

Go Pre!

Life is good. After a cold spell back in November, we have had 45-50 degree weather all December. I have worn shorts and tees the past few weeks and have only been doing the indoor track occasionally. As I have mentioned earlier I hate the track because it is over 75 degrees at the gym. It's nice to have access to a 225m track but yikes it gets sweaty. it's nice to do hills on the road as opposed to ramping up the treadmill too! D
                                It IS warm here today and has been for most of last week. But to get jumpy about it? I DON'T think so!!! Been colder AND warmer in the past and will be again!! The thing to remember is that here in Columbus IN there used to be a sheet of ice a mile deep right were I am currently sitting!!! Over joyed it is NOT here now!!!! Weather is NOT static! It IS dynamic, thank God!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire