New Apple Watch as running watch (Read 221 times)

fb-guy

Is anyone thinking about using the new Apple Watch as a running watch? If the GPS function is solid, it has the advantage of built-in HR and music.

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

Concentrated Awesome

I bought mine specifically as a running device. I love it... easy to use, easy to get to and it works great with the Nike+ app.

jweber306

Have you figured out a way to get your runs from Nike apple 2 watch into runningahead?

fb-guy

I am still interested in hearing whether or not you can do this. The Apple Watch is something I'm considering, but it would have to upload to RunningAhead.

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

kittenkatkk

English Villain

I've got one, but I've yet to make it work for a run properly. User error I'm sure!

Feeling the growl again

It won't work at all unless you carry your phone with you as well.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

an amazing likeness

Just an fyi -- with the Series 2 version of the Apple watch, this is no longer the case. It has on board GPS logging.

It won't work at all unless you carry your phone with you as well.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Feeling the growl again

Just an fyi -- with the Series 2 version of the Apple watch, this is no longer the case. It has on board GPS logging.

Perhaps my wife lies.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This is true

kittenkatkk

English Villain

This is true

What am I doing wrong? I have series 2 and worked with the Apple Genius bar to set it up, but my watch still won't record distance.

Help please Smile