Numb toes? (Read 886 times)

Finished!

So...every now and again, I notice that my outer toes will go a little numb - not asleep, but definitely numb. They don't become painful afterwards, and they seem to perk back up just fine. Unfortunately, this is just a minor observation - I don't recall (I need to get better about taking note of these things and recording them!) when it occurs - other than on occasion during runs - I can't tell you how far into the run it starts, or whether it is limited to treadmill or outdoor running or neither.... I went thru all kinds ot loops to get into a pair of running shoes that work for me (oy what a saga), so I really hope it isn't the shoes. Any ideas? The numbness is not accompanied by any other pain or discomfort elsewhere (that I have noticed)
    Walk + Jog = wog.
    I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
    I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
      There's a thread around here somewhere that dealt with this same issue, but I can't find it... The simplest solution to your problem MAY be just that your shoes are laced too tightly. Give it a try! I don't remember the rest of the ideas people had... anyone know where that missing thread is? (Man, I can't wait until Eric gets that "tread-search" feature up and running!...)

Roads were made for journeys...

Here's that thread: http://runningahead.com/frm_topic.aspx?id=19d96baa666649288b4a1891154ec50f Now how do *I* get a numb toe? That sounds awesome. If you've got pointers, let me know. Apparently it's harder to get those cortisone injections than I thought - so you're numb toe idea sounds great. To be semi-serious - and to ask the same thing i asked that other poster - what kind of socks are you wearing? (and yeah - be careful you ain't tying your shoes too tight!)
        E-mail: JakeKnight2002@aol.com
        -----------------------------

There was another one, much longer, that I'm thinking of. It's really fuzzy right now, though... must have been a while ago. Or maybe I'm getting it confused with that "black toenails" threads...

Roads were made for journeys...

Finished!

To be semi-serious - and to ask the same thing i asked that other poster - what kind of socks are you wearing? (and yeah - be careful you ain't tying your shoes too tight!)
            Hmm. I'l check the shoe lacing - I dont think I lace em too tightly. As for socks, I wear a variety of them with no favorite brand... all considered "technical" socks I suppose. I'll have to check and see if I notice the numbness with a particular pair.
            Walk + Jog = wog.
            I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
            I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
              Hmm. I'l check the shoe lacing - I dont think I lace em too tightly. As for socks, I wear a variety of them with no favorite brand... all considered "technical" socks I suppose. I'll have to check and see if I notice the numbness with a particular pair.
              FYI, nothing - and I mean nothing - made as a big of an impact on running for me as investing in my first pair of two-ply technical socks. I used to get numb toes, numb feet, blisters. With good running socks, it all vanished instantly. I prefer Wright Socks (or is that one word - Wingz?). I literally can't run without them. They're pricey, like $8-$10 a pair, but I'd run in basketball shoes before I'd run in regular athletic socks now. Give it a try.
              E-mail: JakeKnight2002@aol.com
              -----------------------------

Princess Cancer Pants

I prefer Wright Socks (or is that one word - Wingz?). I literally can't run without them. They're pricey, like $8-$10 a pair, but I'd run in basketball shoes before I'd run in regular athletic socks now. Give it a try.
                Do a Froogle search, too...I found a good deal on a 3 pack of those not long ago (through Roadrunner Sports, I believe)...I think they were maybe $20 for the pack. They are nice socks (though I think I prefer the Smartwools). k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown