I miss zoomy! (Read 731 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

Hurry back, sweetie-pie! Hope all is well with you and your family. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awww...thanks! I REALLY missed this place and all the folks who make it so great, too! Smile Just got back tonite...tired and glad to be home. Long trip. We'll be making the 8+ hour drive again for Thanksgiving, then vowing not to leave the state until Spring. I love my little car, but I don't want to be spending so much time in it for a while. We're doing well. My MIL is made of some tough stuff and doing FAR better than I think I would under the circumstances. So is my hubby. I got a run in with my MIL's running group on Sunday AM. That was really a treat and very relaxing for everyone. I wish we had a group like that around here. Nice bunch of folks of all ages and very close-knit...also super supportive of my recent HM achievement. I got SO many kudos from those fellow runners. One member might show up here, too. She's a professor at the university (Western IL) where my FIL taught.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

We're glad you're back! Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

Yes I missed seing you around Zoomers. Glad your back!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I missed you too and I'm happy to see you back!!! How's the family doing?
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, guys. Everyone's doing pretty well. I think reality really hasn't set in, though. The holidays are likely to really be pretty rough at times, I expect. DS seems to have a pretty strong understanding of what has happened. Sat. eve. he was being a bit of a pill and hubby took him downstairs (we have been staying in my IL's finished basement when we visit) to have a little chat and get him settled-down. Apparently he had a bit of a melt-down and really was very upset. I think he has a pretty clear understanding of death for a kid his age. In some ways losing our Gus kitty this Summer helped to prepare him for the loss of his grandpa, I believe.

~ Sarah Kay

Glad you're back Zoom-zoom.... Your son is 5, isn't he? Yes, that's the age a child can start to realize that 'dead' is not for a short time, but that it is something forever.... When my son was that age, my grandfather died. It helped him to talk about all the beautiful memories he had, all the things he remembered about 'pa', all the nice things they had done together... Knowing that Pa had died, but that the beautiful memories would always be there, something like that....

Running in Belgium
                Ann

You'll ruin your knees!

Hooray (woot)! The zoominator is BACK! 8 Ball Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Glad you're back Zoom-zoom.... Your son is 5, isn't he? Yes, that's the age a child can start to realize that 'dead' is not for a short time, but that it is something forever.... When my son was that age, my grandfather died. It helped him to talk about all the beautiful memories he had, all the things he remembered about 'pa', all the nice things they had done together... Knowing that Pa had died, but that the beautiful memories would always be there, something like that....
                    Yeah, we've been talking about all the fun stuff Dane used to do with grandpa Darrell. Poor kid...that's so young to lose a grandpa. I think I was at least 9 or 10 before my mom lost her folks (grandma died, then grandpa followed a few months later--he couldn't live without her...it was so sweet). Lynn...you crack me up! Zoominator... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

My dogs are fast, not me

Glad you're back, girl! Smile

Robin

JakeKnight

Not much doubt about it: this place ain't the same without you. Then again, the level of woot-ness decreased by 42%. So it wasn't all bad.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                        -----------------------------

You'll ruin your knees!

*chuckle* - Jake said woot! Woot! Lynn B

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*chuckle* - Jake said woot!
                            *snort*

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

woot woot! Big grin
                              Wingz

Professional Noob

whooooooooot! Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...