2018 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 554 times)

joescott

I really like the finishers' certificates this year.  Mine came in the mail yesterday.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Paging Julia...isn't it about time for the 2019 thread? If you're not gonna do one this year, I'm sure someone else will.

Dave

Julia1971

Paging Julia...isn't it about time for the 2019 thread? If you're not gonna do one this year, I'm sure someone else will.

Hey Dave...  Are you in?  I think the 2018 sucked some of the excitement for the event out of me and I didn't register yesterday despite my BQ-20...  Yes, I'm sure some people will want to talk about registration.  Hoping the cut-off is kind this year, Baboon!  If someone else would like to start it, that would be great.  (I may re-create the information in the first post - minus the RAers running the race, of course - on my blog somewhere at some point.  I've been thinking of moving the NYCM information I compiled but just haven't had the time to figure out where. Edited to add: but feel free to re-use what's in that post on the new thread.  If I re-create it on my blog, it'll be different.)

bhearn

I have registered every year since I started running in 2004, though I didn't run 2016 (decided I was done with it, then later regretted breaking my streak) or 2017 (injury). Went back this year.

But this year for the first time I think I am inclined not to even register. I just am too annoyed at the registration circus, and my focus has been on much longer races for several years now. It's purely a social thing for me now. One I enjoy, but hard to justify doing every year, from the west coast.

Hey Dave...  Are you in?  I think the 2018 sucked some of the excitement for the event out of me and I didn't register yesterday despite my BQ-20...  Yes, I'm sure some people will want to talk about registration.  Hoping the cut-off is kind this year, Baboon!  If someone else would like to start it, that would be great.  (I may re-create the information in the first post - minus the RAers running the race, of course - on my blog somewhere at some point.  I've been thinking of moving the NYCM information I compiled but just haven't had the time to figure out where. Edited to add: but feel free to re-use what's in that post on the new thread.  If I re-create it on my blog, it'll be different.)

BQ-6:21! Although since running that race last fall, I have had a long stretch of various ailments, and I'm legitimately concerned with being in any kind of shape to run a marathon in April. But just try to keep me away.

I guess I will go ahead and start it if no one else does first, because I think it can be pretty useful for first timers. I don't really feel qualified to start such an iconic thread, but fortunately the qualifying standards for starting RA threads are much less stringent than those for running Boston.

Dave

delicate flower

Yes, I'm sure some people will want to talk about registration.  Hoping the cut-off is kind this year, Baboon! 

Heh....I'm sitting on a -11:14.  I may just have to give up forever if I don't get in.

I really haven't seen as much registration buzz and activity on my various social websites like I have in prior years.  I know it's like "Ho-hum, another Boston" for many people here, but it's been a hard fight to get in for the first time for folks like me and Dave.  I am very excited about it.

<3

Heh....I'm sitting on a -11:14.  I may just have to give up forever if I don't get in.

I really haven't seen as much registration buzz and activity on my various social websites like I have in prior years.  I know it's like "Ho-hum, another Boston" for many people here, but it's been a hard fight to get in for the first time for folks like me and Dave.  I am very excited about it.

OK, you are free to post on the new thread now!

Dave