Superfeet Success Stories? (Read 1440 times)

2 week update: Wow...I'd say that my knee is at least 80% better. Tonite I ran 5 and really had very minimal twinges of anything wrong and mostly only going down hills. I wager that in another week my knee will be almost fully healed. I am totally sold on these things. I ordered a pair of greens just to compare to the berry ones, and to not have to continuously be switching insoles out every time I rotate my shoes (currently have 3 pair in heavy rotation).
    Zoom-Zoom, how are the greens working out?! My favorite shoe just got "updated" and though it claims to be a neutral cushion it is really a mild stability shoe in disguise. My new shoes are nice, but don't offer enough in the way of comfort for me, and I am having a little foot pain. I am thinking the green ones for me, but was curious as to how they have worked out for you. There is no dealer in my area (according to the Superfeet website-just to verify I called all the local running stores, nada!)...so I am looking for as much info on the web as I can before purchasing from the website. If anyone else in the Indy area reads this and knows of someplace to get them, can you please let me know? Thanks all!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom-Zoom, how are the greens working out?! My favorite shoe just got "updated" and though it claims to be a neutral cushion it is really a mild stability shoe in disguise. My new shoes are nice, but don't offer enough in the way of comfort for me, and I am having a little foot pain. I am thinking the green ones for me, but was curious as to how they have worked out for you. There is no dealer in my area (according to the Superfeet website-just to verify I called all the local running stores, nada!)...so I am looking for as much info on the web as I can before purchasing from the website. If anyone else in the Indy area reads this and knows of someplace to get them, can you please let me know? Thanks all!
      I like the greens...can't decide yet if I like them more than the berry ones. I still have a few weeks to figure out what's going to work better on race day. I have a feeling I could go either direction with good results. As for your needs...I'm not sure whether Superfeet would be a good option for you. Sounds like you need less stability, not more. In your shoes (ha) I think I'd be looking for a new shoe, unfortunately.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

As for your needs...I'm not sure whether Superfeet would be a good option for you. Sounds like you need less stability, not more. In your shoes (ha) I think I'd be looking for a new shoe, unfortunately.
        Thanks! OHHH, no, I definitely do not need stability (the Nimbus X's claim to be neutral/cushion, ITBS flared up after 25 miles in them, something I have not had a problem with in over 2 years due to being in the Nimbus VIII's)...I thought some of the Superfeet were for cushioning, not necessarily motion control. Damn. I feel like I have tried every cushioning/neutral shoe out there and none of them feel good due to lack of cushioning (Oh, except my Nimbus VIII's, which don't exist anymore). Crap.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I thought some of the Superfeet were for cushioning, not necessarily motion control. Damn. I feel like I have tried every cushioning/neutral shoe out there and none of them feel good due to lack of cushioning (Oh, except my Nimbus VIII's, which don't exist anymore). Crap.
          All of the Superfeet insoles have a plastic orthotic base, so they definitely add stability...good for some, not so good for neutral peeps, I'd think. Have you ever tried the Sof Sole insoles? Their Arch and Athlete models add a lot of cush, but no stability. I LOVED those in my shoes before my knee issues started up.

~ Sarah Kay

Have you ever tried the Sof Sole insoles? Their Arch and Athlete models add a lot of cush, but no stability. I LOVED those in my shoes before my knee issues started up.
            I have never tried any insoles but will give these a try, thank you!
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have never tried any insoles but will give these a try, thank you!
              You betcha. You can find them at Dick's and a few other places. I would always order them from Holabird Sports when I needed other stuff, since they have the best price.

~ Sarah Kay

De-slacking in progress

This web site just cost me $35 !!! ( but that's ok- I've received $1,000's of free advice) I run all country backroads and have developed PF issues, and after reading the multiple posts about Superfeet Green I stoppped at the store on the way to work today and bought a pair. Will be using them in the morning. I'm praying they work for me in curing what ails me just like the rest of you proclaimed. I'll give them 2 weeks and report back....
                ok- over two week report- the biggest thing I've noticed using the SF Green is that my knees don't hurt on the hills like they did. So I give them a thumbs up!!

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Insert witty title here

I just got my first pair yesterday so I guess I'll report back soon about how they're doing.

ThomasRuns Blog
                  Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Old, Slow, Happy

I tried my Superfeet Greens on Friday. I took our the insoles in my Brooks Beasts and put in the Superfeet. I ran 7.5 miles and they killed my knees. I went back to the Brook insoles and ran with the them for 9 miles on Sunday. It was much better. Maybe the superfeet don't work so well in motion control shoes?? Modified for old man spelling issues!! Embarrassed

Insert witty title here

Did you break them in at all? They told me to wear mine for 2 hours a day for 4 days before running in them. I did that and so far so good. I'm still having some knee issues, but not nearly as bad as before and most of that is my own fault for doing too much. I can tell a huge difference when I wear shoes without the insoles, much less support than with them.

ThomasRuns Blog
                      Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

I tried my Superfeet Greens on Friday. I took our the insoles in my Brooks Beasts and put in the Superfeet. I ran 7.5 miles and they killed my knees. I went back to the Brook insoles and ran with the them for 9 miles on Sunday. It was much better. Maybe the superfeet don't work so well in motion control shoes?? Modified for old man spelling issues!! Embarrassed
                        Richard, I had the same problem, and pronate probably as bad as you do on my left foot. I have tried all kinds of things to "fix" my feet.... I give up. I just run. I figure If I toughen up my muscles enough, all the other crap will work itself out..... Wink Hope I am right! Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Old, Slow, Happy

Richard, I had the same problem, and pronate probably as bad as you do on my left foot. I have tried all kinds of things to "fix" my feet.... I give up. I just run. I figure If I toughen up my muscles enough, all the other crap will work itself out..... Wink Hope I am right! Smile
                          Yep..that's what I'm gonna do too. My feet are the flatest feet ever. My footprint looks like a duck foot. The knee seems to be getting better for whatever reason. I'm just gonna run. I'm using my Superfeet in my street shoes. They seem to be a help there.
                            I'll just throw my irrelevant $.02 in. I used them in a pair of neutral ASICs Landreths and they did fine for a while. Ran a great 7.5 mile race in them with no pain. But once my long runs got up to 10+ miles, the shin splints kicked back in. Went back to the running store and a great salesperson let me try a couple things and I went with Mizuno Wave Inspires. Technically a neutral shoe but a little more posting than a pure neutral, but not as much as a stability - even a lightweight stability. These are my Goldilocks shoes. But they felt better w/o the Superfeet Greens. The lesson? The right shoe can definitely eliminate the need for the SF insoles and even make them counterproductive (too much control). They can certainly help a lot and they have an unconditional return policy so they're always worth a shot. And like other shave said, they can take 2 weeks to break in and have your feet adjust to the new mechanics.