Self Conscious about man boobs (Read 363 times)

King Plantar

I love how everyone is offering solutions to this er.. "problem".

My suggestion is to go earlier in the morning.

I had a big problem with this as the store only had one size left of a running shirt I wanted, the guy said it looked a little tight but I'd fit nicely into it in no time.

God those boobs bounced around in that shirt.

Anyway, after a while I just stopped caring.

I still see the same people running every morning, I don't think anyone really cares what I look like, theyre too busy worring about how they look (hence why they're at the park at 5am)

I guess the real suggestion should be to just keep up the running, more running = less boobs.

e_gervase

Thank you, Canadian Meg.    I should know from past coaching experience that players come in all sizes and just because someone "looks like a soccer player" (lean, fast, fit etc) doesn't mean they can play well.  Some of my best players were not your "typical" looking players.  One was a heavy set girl, one was a very thin girl and another was a boy who was very small for his age.  Runners are the same:  different sizes, shapes, abilities, motives and goals.

Thanks again.  

As a soccer coach and fellow moober, I really relate to this post.  I've been up and down the weight and moob scale.  Unfortunately, I'm in dangerous territory right now.  I'm pretty sure that the parents on my soccer team could give a crap about how heavy I am.  But, that thought still creeps into my head.  I think it's born from playing a lot of years of soccer and a majority of the players being skinny and fit.  I'm not the normal body type.  But.... the truth is, I wouldn't have made it this far if I wasn't doing something right.  Keep on, keepin on.  Care about the kids, care about yourself... the rest is just distraction.

I'll start taking my own advice...  Smile