Snow Blows…aka "why I've done the vast majority of '14s runs on the dreadmill" (Read 337 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We've been joking about an alternative to the One Day Ride Across MI -- the One Day Ride Across Lake MI. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Feeling the growl again

If you can't beat the snow, join it.

I need to find an excuse to visit again.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Those are cool.  I have a friend who graduated from MI Tech.  I have to show her those.

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

If you can't beat the snow, join it.

I need to find an excuse to visit again.

Um, my snowman hides in shame.

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Snow shark is awesome!  I need to talk my kid into rallying the neighbor kids to build something like that.  Hmmm…snow Tardis and/or Dalek would keep my kid busy for a day or two. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow…THIS might be the craziest thing I have EVER seen in this state!!

"How cold has it been here in Mi this year. These pictures are from Lake Huron, near Mackinaw city. When Ice freezes it expands. It's been so cold here in MI that the water beneath the ice was supercooled and it expanded through the ice and froze into this wave. This typically only occurs in Antarctica."

~ Sarah Kay

Feeling the growl again

I have seen this on the scale of a beer bottle left in the freezer too long before opening; I would have paid good money to see a whole supercooled wave freeze.

Wow…THIS might be the craziest thing I have EVER seen in this state!!

"How cold has it been here in Mi this year. These pictures are from Lake Huron, near Mackinaw city. When Ice freezes it expands. It's been so cold here in MI that the water beneath the ice was supercooled and it expanded through the ice and froze into this wave. This typically only occurs in Antarctica."

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have seen this on the scale of a beer bottle left in the freezer too long before opening;

I wonder if there's anyone alive who hasn't done this…or left a full can of Diet Dr. Pepper in the car in the Winter and forgotten it was in their driver's side door...

~ Sarah Kay

Those are very cool pictures.  Unfortunately they are not from Michigan.

http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1005915#.UvwjTEJdXSE

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

Feeling the growl again

http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1005915#.UvwjTEJdXSE

But....but.....we read it on the internet, it HAS to be true....

Given that 90+% of the crap people link on facebook is easily verifiable as false, I'm not surprised.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, stranger…how the hell are ya'?!

~ Sarah Kay

Hanging around...  and disappointed that those pics aren't from Michigan.  I was thinking about going to check them out.

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hanging around...  and disappointed that those pics aren't from Michigan.  I was thinking about going to check them out.

I've seen icicles off roofs to rival those!

~ Sarah Kay