The Booze and Waffle Thread, Long Live The Wild Wild West (Read 401 times)

rlopez

This also enables us to evade the over/under question, which was previously one of our greatest disagreements as a couple.

Like "is pineapple appropriate on a pizza?" (my answer: if you like it, sure. If not, nah), I never really got why this was a point of contention. I'm not saying it IS NOT a point of contention, just that my brain has issues with it. Perhaps because my fellow occupant (who is lovely) agrees with me.

rlopez

You lost me here.

Well, for one, I always thought Robert Conrad was a huge putz. Remember him on Battle of the Network Stars? What a dick.

For two, AT THE TIME, I thought Will Smith was cool.

So I was hoping it would improve on the original.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

rlopez

Ah, no. It bears about as much resemblance to the original show as Smith's "I, Robot" does to Asimov. It might be good down the road if you are far enough down the road that you managed to erase it from your memory, as I had until now.

I know this will not endear me to you, but...

...I really *liked* the I, Robot movie. True story. It was no Asimov, but I thought it was good.

You want some serious "oh noooooooo", please watch Seven Pounds.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Like "is pineapple appropriate on a pizza?" (my answer: if you like it, sure. If not, nah) . . .

How do you feel about:
          1) Chicken on Pizza

2) Anchovies on Pizza

3) Corn on Pizza

One of the above I developed a taste for to protect slices at college.  The other two are a weird European/Scottish concoction that I just cannot get behind.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

rlopez

How do you feel about:
            1) Chicken on Pizza

2) Anchovies on Pizza

3) Corn on Pizza

One of the above I developed a taste for to protect slices at college.  The other two are a weird European/Scottish concoction that I just cannot get behind.

Well, I am a vegetarian, but back in the day, I was pro chicken and anti anchovy. I wanted to like anchovies, but way too much salt.

I've never really thought about corn on pizza, but sure, why not.

I do have a limit of 3 when it comes to pizza toppings beyond sauce and cheese. Too many toppings, no bueno.

Joann Y

Corn on anything is a no go. What is wrong with y'all? Yuck.

rlopez

Corn on anything is a no go. What is wrong with y'all? Yuck.

I think you mean pickles.

Joann Y

I think you mean pickles.

You are correct. Pickles and corn.

Corn is acceptable in only two ways - popped, or on the cob. If on the cob, it must be held with the little spiked holders that look like ears of corn, and it must be buttered by means of a buttered piece of bread, like in the movie "WarGames".

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Corn is acceptable in only two ways - popped, or on the cob. If on the cob, it must be held with the little spiked holders that look like ears of corn, and it must be buttered by means of a buttered piece of bread, like in the movie "WarGames".

I think that was Breaking Away.

Dave

How do you feel about:
                        1) Chicken on Pizza

2) Anchovies on Pizza

3) Corn on Pizza

#3 - saw that while on vacation with my wife in London. At the time she was about 3 months pregnant and having various food cravings/aversions as well as nausea. For some reason the sight of corn on pizza made her sick. And to this day, the sight of corn in/on certain things can induce nausea (although she does eat corn in general).

For some reason pineapple on pizza is now supposed to be a thing people hate (further propagated by The Good Place). I’d never order it, but it’s fine. I think there was a phase in college where we’d get it all the time.

Dave

You want some serious "oh noooooooo", please watch Seven Pounds.

Agreed. Excellent movie. Except you can’t really tell people what it’s about. You just need to tell them to trust you and see it.

Dave

One year, I did a triple weekend where I ran the Pocatello Marathon followed by the now defunct New Mexico Marathon in Albuquerque (NOT DUKE CITY), followed by the American Discovery Trail Marathon in Colorado Springs on Labor Day. Woohoo! I actually ran 11 marathons that September... double, double, triple, quadzilla. 

A year or two later, Matt did the same thing. But! I took the easy route and flew to get to each city. Our man Matt drove between them. Kudos to Matt for that.

“I ran 11 marathons in a month but took the easy route” is a nonsensical sentence. 

I do remember reading several years ago about you running the Seattle Quadzilla (with gumbee, I believe), and was in complete awe at the accomplishment. But I guess that was just another weekend for you.

Dave

Joann Y

This is acceptable given cheese* and salt, respectively.

*or caramel or whatever just not plain popcorn.

rlopez

“I ran 11 marathons in a month but took the easy route” is a nonsensical sentence. 

I do remember reading several years ago about you running the Seattle Quadzilla (with gumbee, I believe), and was in complete awe at the accomplishment. But I guess that was just another weekend for you.

Yes, at the time, it was just a weekend. The Seattle Marathon (4th day, hardest course) was also my fastest). Good times. Then I moved on to ultras.

These days, a long run is 7 miles.