10 years later... (Read 320 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

10 years ago on the 1st day of Spring I laced-up my running shoes for the first time and started-in on Couch-to-5k with a crappy stopwatch. 9,827.8 mi later (+ 21,997.5 mi on the bike in 6.5 years of logging those miles, too) and I'm still at it, thanks in LARGE part to this place.  RA has grown by leaps and bounds, since 2006, but at its core it's still the same place with unsurpassed motivation from being able to easily view workout data and share with other users.  Ginormous thanks to Eric and everyone else here. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Yes, I doubt that I would have run my first marathon if not for this site.

Thanks Eric and every one else!

steph  

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes, I doubt that I would have run my first marathon if not for this site.

Thanks Eric and every one else!

I discovered RA just before running my first 5k.  I suspect without RA I would have bucket-listed that race and not run another step after.

~ Sarah Kay

Joann Y

Very nice zoom-zoom. This is quite the rabbit hole. I thought I knew something about running before coming here and now feel after several years that I have still so much to learn. This is an expansive place filled with warm, knowledgable, wise folks that share their experiences with running and life. Sometimes you gotta dig a little but it's all there. It's really hard to state just how much RA has done for me personally. I guess I would still be kicking around a 2-3-4 mile run here and there. Never in my imagination did I think I'd get to where I am now and I feel I am just getting started!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yup.  Prior to joining RA my only goal was to lose weight and run a few 5ks, here and there.  Instead I've gained weight and run a bunch of stuff from 5k to marathon.

~ Sarah Kay

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Without RA I likely wouldn't be running as much as I do. I certainly would not have gone to Toronto to run the waterfront half in 2014.

Definitely thanks to Eric, but I think Zoom, you started the LLR did you not? That's important too. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

an amazing likeness

Congratulations, Kirsten!  We've been on the journey with you as you've stretched that starting 5K to marathons, half marathons, and then on to bikes. You've won a great victory with your hubby's health, and raised that geeky kid. It's been exhausting, actually.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Congratulations, Kirsten!  We've been on the journey with you as you've stretched that starting 5K to marathons, half marathons, and then on to bikes. You've won a great victory with your hubby's health, and raised that geeky kid. It's been exhausting, actually.

Ha, tell me about it! Big grin Thanks!  I really don't know where I'd be without this place.  Probably an unhappy and (more) overweight couch potato in bad health.  I don't even like thinking about that other destination.

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Good job Zoomy! Lots of cowbell for you!

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

And to think you were already a Buick-leaping veteran when I met you in 2009 ...

Happy Runniversary!

Liz

pace sera, sera

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And to think you were already a Buick-leaping veteran when I met you in 2009 ...

Happy Runniversary!

Ha, I'd almost forgotten about that! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Outside Lane

10 years ago on the 1st day of Spring I laced-up my running shoes for the first time and started-in on Couch-to-5k with a crappy stopwatch. 9,827.8 mi later (+ 21,997.5 mi on the bike in 6.5 years of logging those miles, too) and I'm still at it, thanks in LARGE part to this place.  RA has grown by leaps and bounds, since 2006, but at its core it's still the same place with unsurpassed motivation from being able to easily view workout data and share with other users.  Ginormous thanks to Eric and everyone else here. Smile

Congrats zoom-zoom!  I came over in the exodus from Cool Running (when Active destroyed it) and this site has been a fantastic running homebase for me since then.  The latest 2016 in 2016 game has helped me to stay motivated.  I too have gained weight and slowed down - but I am still at it too - thanks to RA.  I finally subscribed this year - I owe Eric big time.

See how they run...

Runzy

Congratulations. You're doing great!

bas

Congrats! Here is a plus one from another RA veteran Wink I hadn't looked into this forum for ages, and now I stumble upon your post. Good to see you are still at it. Let's keep on running for many years to come!

And I totally agree about RA. It has kept me company in all my running ups and downs for all those years. Thanks, eric!

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Congrats! Here is a plus one from another RA veteran Wink I hadn't looked into this forum for ages, and now I stumble upon your post. Good to see you are still at it. Let's keep on running for many years to come!

And I totally agree about RA. It has kept me company in all my running ups and downs for all those years. Thanks, eric!

Bas!! And now I'm at 12.5 years since I first started!

What are you up to, lately? I still think of you every time I see a red panda!

~ Sarah Kay