Similar shoes to Brooks Pure series? (Read 106 times)

Christirei

Hi all, I have been wearing the Brooks Pure series shoes since they came out and really love them, I even bought THREE pairs of the 6's when they went on sale because i loved them so much. So, the 7's are coming to a close now and I'm looking to hopefully buy up a couple pairs of them cheaply BUT i heard that Brooks is probably going to discontinue it's Pure series in favor of their other newer flashier shoes. I have worn a pair of Saucony Kinvara's in the past and they were okay, just a lot more firm. Anyone on here know of a similar shoe to the PureFlow? 4 mm drop, soft and flexible, lightweight with minimal cushion

As the unofficial Skechers fan boy, I'd say to try the GoRun-6. They are lighter than the Pures, and softer than the Kinvarras. And cheap. 4mm drop. I have Kinvarra-6, and they are a bit firm for my taste, but not too bad. Reviews say they got firmer despite full Everun in midsole starting with the 7. another shoe to check out might be the Topo shoes, I've never run in them. They are sort of minimalist like the Pures. You could also try Altras, like the Escalante. They are 0-drop, but keep in mind that 4mm is only 1/8". You could also stick in a different insole that would give you the 4mm drop you desire.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

yes on topo"s to at least try on.   if you can find them.  2 or 3 drop & cushinioned depending on which model.  extra width in toe box but not quite as wide as Altra's.   Brooks Revel?? light weight & cushioned.  I think drop is closer to 8 ??

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Where did you hear they're discontinuing it? I've heard that for a couple of years now but the Pure Flow keeps coming out with new versions.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Joann Y

Where did you hear they're discontinuing it? I've heard that for a couple of years now but the Pure Flow keeps coming out with new versions.

Yeah! I'm curious as this has become my go to shoe for just about everything. Might need to stock up.

I just realized I'm wearing my Pure Grit-1 shoes when I checked this thread!

TOTALLY UNPLANNED!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

SubDood

Hi Christirei,

Is it the PureFlow that’s being discontinued? They still show those shoes on the Brooks website, but they’ve discontinued all 3 of the Pure series shoes that I’ve tried — Connect, Grit, and Drift. The Connect was similar to the Flow, I think, so I could understand if they got rid of one of those two. I haven’t tried the PureCadence; maybe that’s an option for you?

I still run in Kinvara 5’s, and they are more flexible and comfortable than the Kinvara 7’s I have. I’m not sure about the more recent versions, though (they are up to version 9 now). If the stiffness is still there, I may need to find a new shoe to replace it.

Topos, mentioned by others, sound interesting. They sell them on running warehouse.

Good luck!

Christirei

Thanks! those are all great ideas! I went to my local running store where i really like the people and they seem to be super well informed, one of the bigger local stores in the KC area...the guys i talked to there said they had cleared out the Pure series line from their stores and they were pretty sure that Brooks would be discontinuing the shoes. I searched online and I see the 7's (but not cheap yet!) So I think I'm good to go for a while, but definitely on the lookout for other options. I even went to Brooks online and took their shoe finder quiz to see what results i would get.... the PUREFLOW  Smile hahahahaha so. If they do discontinue the Pure series I want to be ready for it!

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I currently have 3 more pairs of the Pure Flow 6 under my bed. If they're truly killing this line, I may have to up that to 8 pairs to get me through the next few years. I've been running as my daily trainer for 7 years now and I don't feel like finding a replacement just yet.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Christirei

I just had to order a pair of the 7's  i haven't had a chance to try them on yet, but hopefully they hold true to the series and I like them. whenever they go on sale i'll be stocking up! I went through five pairs of the 6's and i really loved them, but can't find any more online Sad  I think my size is to common or something

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I lied, I actually have SIX more pairs under my bed.

This is a good thread for people in general: if you find a pair of shoes you love, wait until they go on sale and then buy at least 4 pairs of them. I got my PureFlows for 30% off and now am stocked through at least the next 2 years.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

where have people found the best deals on old model shoes? I've used zappos and amazon in the past but, recently, both sites seem to only have new models and at near full or full price.  thanks

Joann Y

I just had to order a pair of the 7's  i haven't had a chance to try them on yet, but hopefully they hold true to the series and I like them. whenever they go on sale i'll be stocking up! I went through five pairs of the 6's and i really loved them, but can't find any more online Sad  I think my size is to common or something

Don't know your size but 6pm.com has them for 64.99. I'm a size 10 and there were still some left. Ugly color but whatevs.

Christirei

never heard of that site but thank you!! i'm going to check it out! I did purchase a pair of the 7's and used them this morning and actually really like them, they definitely are true to the pure flow series and i like how the shoe hugs my foot but the toe box is still open. they were comfy and i'm happy with them! but i would still much prefer to find the older models for cheap!!