Hip / Groin pain (Read 675 times)

Strange as it may sound I can't quite tell exactly where the pain is. It occurs on sudden push-off and all landing with the Right leg and seems to extend from the groin area around the front of the hip to the outside of the leg. It is worse in the groin area and worse on landing. If I sit still for a while and then lift the leg off the floor while still seated it hurts. I've read some about groin injuries and the articles fairly consistently mention pain squeezing the legs together due to injury in the adductor muscles. This I don't have. There is also no pain while stretching, even doing the stretches that are recommended for groin problems. I'm confused. Any ideas? Thanks, Gareth.
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Go see a doctor. Could be a hernia.
        I went to the Chiropractor (http://www.airrosti.com) on Wednesday. He did a full assesment; gait, complaints, general medical background, palpation, taking about 60 mins. He then did about 30 minutes of what could be described as deep massage. This particular methodology works on the fascia that wrap the muscles, tendons, etc. and use their thumbs to put it back in place. Bottom line: IT Band syndrome. The reason it was difficult for me to figure out whether it was hip or groin was that the muscles in the inner thigh were in spasm while the top of the IT band (lateral hip) was inflamed. I hobbled into the session and walked out of it carrying a foam roller. He also recommended Ibuprofen and lots of ice, NO heat and get out and run (gently) as soon as possible. Using the foam roller has been less than comfortable to say the least but has worked very well. I ran the HM in Austin this morning taking 5 mins off my PR.