Parks Half Marathon (in Rockville/Bethesda, MD) - Who's Running It This Weekend? (Read 1534 times)

I'll be there - albeit going a bit slower as using this as an 18 mile long run for marathon training.

Any other RAers going to be there?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I heard this used to be a marathon ending in Bethesda with a metro ride back. How's it work now?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

gregw

Not me, but I've done it twice.  Great race.  Don't be fooled by the net elevation drop.  It's fantastic for 10 miles, but you pay at the end.
        gregw

I heard this used to be a marathon ending in Bethesda with a metro ride back. How's it work now?

Starts near the Rockville metro, run to Bethesda, and take the metro back.  They hand out free metro passes with the right fare to runners.

lap

I've been targeting Parks since the end of April and am enjoying taper week.

I just hope the weather treats us better than last year.

Agreed on the weather - last year's race was too humid!

Right now, it looks like race time temps should be in the low-to-mid 60s.  Hopefully they will stay there until the finish!

gregw

Agreed on the weather - last year's race was too humid!

Right now, it looks like race time temps should be in the low-to-mid 60s.  Hopefully they will stay there until the finish!

Last year was awful.  I was going to run it as a training run at a tad over marathon pace (or so I thought) and ran with the pace group.  Still, I slowed over the last couple of miles, but not as much as the pacer, who I dropped!  (To his credit, he still made his pace window and there was actually nobody left with him.)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This morning was lovely Smile
                    I'm new to this site, and just started logging my miles here, but I'm running the Parks...  First time for me since I moved from Ohio this past winter.,..  I'm looking forward to it, but was surprised that 4300 people signed up for this race.  I wonder how crowded the trail will get with this many runners

Oh Mighty Wing

I'll be there - albeit going a bit slower as using this as an 18 mile long run for marathon training.

Any other RAers going to be there?

Are you running the miles with Trent and I???

oh and I'll be there also doing it as part of my 18 miler!

gregw

I'm new to this site, and just started logging my miles here, but I'm running the Parks...  First time for me since I moved from Ohio this past winter.,..  I'm looking forward to it, but was surprised that 4300 people signed up for this race.  I wonder how crowded the trail will get with this many runners

It probably depends on your pace.  I ran it at 7:10 pace one year and almost 8:00 another (training run) and it was completely fine.  There's a couple of miles of wide road at the beginning to sort things out.

Are you running the miles with Trent and I???

I'd love to run with you guys, but I don't want to slow anyone down.  I'm going to try and run at a steady 10:40 pace as best as I can.

If we don't run together hopefully we can meet up at least.  I'll post my number tomorrow evening after I get it.

It probably depends on your pace.  I ran it at 7:10 pace one year and almost 8:00 another (training run) and it was completely fine.  There's a couple of miles of wide road at the beginning to sort things out.

Thanks... I plan to run at 7:30, so sounds like I'll be ok

Oh Mighty Wing

I'd love to run with you guys, but I don't want to slow anyone down.  I'm going to try and run at a steady 10:40 pace as best as I can.

If we don't run together hopefully we can meet up at least.  I'll post my number tomorrow evening after I get it.

i run at 65% HR. I should be around that pace!