Old Timers - Step Forward and Be Recognized (Read 767 times)

va

Besides Eric, who is the longest active member of RunningAHEAD?
    JakeKnight

Not sure about others, but I'd guess JLynnBob will be on the list. His first post in that pinned "Who All Is Here ..." thread in the General Running forum dates back to May 2005. Followed shortly by Pron8r. After that, a bunch of names I don't recognize. Not sure if they're still around or what.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I started harassing Eric shortly after I found the site sometime in late 2005 I think.
        eric :)

I started harassing Eric shortly after I found the site sometime in late 2005 I think.
          You joined on March 1, 2006. I added maps support some time around January/February of 2006. When the site became public back in March 2005, getting a new user once a day was a big deal. Many of these users joined to check out the site. Most of them stopped using it shortly after. Of course, the site was nothing like what you see today. It only had a running log. There was no maps, no support for cross training. No forums. And no groups. Still, a handful that joined early on continue to use it. A few of them are quite active in the forums. I won't name the ones that aren't active in the forums because I need to respect their privacy. Of the ones you know in the forums, Lynn is by far the longest active member. He joined in the same month RA went public. Other familiar faces that joined in the follow few months include tm35, pron8r and bas. There may be others, but they are the ones that I can remember off the top of my head. Thank you everyone for taking a leap of faith and giving my site a chance! The site is still quite young and will continue to grow. In another couple of years, we'll all be old timers. eric Smile

You'll ruin your knees!

Lynn is by far the longest active member. He joined in the same month RA went public. OMG...the oldest LIVING member...now that's a distinction I could do without... [grumbles, looking for false teeth]...it it time for my nap? Confused[old man emoticon]

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

... remember you only get old on the outside ... the inside stays as young as you want it to! ... now where are my specs ... and my orthotics ... and my deep heat back-rub .... (list goes on) Smile

Running ... just keep running!

Joined October 2005. Now get off my lawn, you crazy kids. Angry

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

I don't remember exactly when I joined and logged my first miles, but my first post was end of June or first of July 2005. MileCollector was posting by then as well, and is still active.
                  My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                    I found this place a year ago...in feb or march maybe? can't remember. I was looking for a place to log my runs while I trained for the Rock n Roll Marathon. I was really nervous and got some much needed encouragement from everyone here. Smile

Jennifer mm#1231

va

Hi Eric: You are not only the creator of RunningAHEAD, but also the "chief historian"! Big grin Maybe you can create a "Member Since:" entry in each user's profile.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Maybe you can create a "Member Since:" entry in each user's profile.
                        Member # might be neat, too. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

MileCollector was posting by then as well, and is still active.
                          Well it would be awfully strange if he wasn't still active ... Wink

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                          -----------------------------