Eryn/Backroadrunner has a footwear question... (Read 656 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...she's too busy to log-on, but asked that I post for her. Eryn started a bank job a few weeks back and has found that wearing heels to work is killing her legs when she runs. She's finding that she's having pain that starts on the top of her foot and runs up the front of her legs, which she is attributing to the unnatural position that wearing heeled shoes is forcing her legs into while at work. She'd like to know if there are any helpful treatments, exercises or stretching that could help. Prior to this job she has lived in Dansko clogs and cowboy boots. k -- who thinks heels are the devil.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

...she's too busy to log-on, but asked that I post for her. Eryn started a bank job a few weeks back and has found that wearing heels to work is killing her legs when she runs. She's finding that she's having pain that starts on the top of her foot and runs up the front of her legs, which she is attributing to the unnatural position that wearing heeled shoes is forcing her legs into while at work. She'd like to know if there are any helpful treatments, exercises or stretching that could help. Prior to this job she has lived in Dansko clogs and cowboy boots. k -- who thinks heels are the devil.
      A lot of med students and residents (ie people on their feet all day!) swear by danskos - they have some non-clogs out there including some with heels that women like and arent the prettiest, but arent that bad either. I personally found my danskos to be not so nice to my legs, especially my ankles. But who knows. The good thing about my current and next (and final) rotation is retired running shoes are A-OK. Maybe I need to retire my current pair since it doenst seem like I will need them for a while and I would kind of like a less old pair.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A lot of med students and residents (ie people on their feet all day!) swear by danskos - they have some non-clogs out there including some with heels that women like and arent the prettiest, but arent that bad either.
        Heh, you're preachin' to the choir on Danskos. I have 2 pairs currently and have had others in the past. My current faves are a pair of fuschia latigo Professionals. Eryn has at least one pair, too. She is also planning to order a pair of dressier Dansko shoes. I tried some of the non-clog styles in the past, but my stupid wide feet wouldn't allow it. Only the clog-based styles work on me. Awesome that you can wear retired running shoes--that's a great way to get more "mileage" (heh) out of them! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Heh, you're preachin' to the choir on Danskos. I have 2 pairs currently and have had others in the past. My current faves are a pair of fuschia latigo Professionals. Eryn has at least one pair, too. She is also planning to order a pair of dressier Dansko shoes. I tried some of the non-clog styles in the past, but my stupid wide feet wouldn't allow it. Only the clog-based styles work on me. k
          Actually, I said many others like non-clog danskos. Given that I really dont like my clogs and find they hurt my ankles and legs, I havent looked at the non-clogs. But for those who swear by them its worth looking into.
            I wear Birkenstocks a lot - they have some interesting styles/colors - QVC has a lot of choices and good prices - another good shoe is Earth shoes

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

Hey, look, I'm finally posting for myself! As Kirsten said, I have ordered a dressier pair of Danskos & hopefully those will just be more comfortable to wear during the day. I'm on my feet for 6-9hrs straight & they have been sore since I started. But my issue is more what to do AFTER the work day. Like when I run. My foot is stretched, toes pointing down, all day. Then I throw a pair of running shoes on & take off on a run. From the top of my foot to mid shin, the muscles are so painful I could cry!! Any stretching, exercises or other recommendations? Prior to this, I have been a Dansko, cowboy boot & running shoe girl for years. Any other ladies went through this when they started wearing heels? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! Eryn
              So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Hi Trucker! (Can't call you your married nickname now that there's youts here...) did