Vacation ruined my training week. (Read 489 times)

I've been on vacation since last Sat. The training plan (runs Monday through Sunday) called for a long run of 14 on Friday....I did 8. I'll pick up a 3 mile easy run tomorrow morning to close out the week's schedule. My question concerns next week's schedule. Week day mileage will be about the same but the long run goes back to it's normal place on next Sunday morning. It will be a 15. Should I cut off a couple of miles off that long run or just slow it down a bit more and get the full 15? I'm leaning toward do what's scheduled since it was only a week of vacation and it shouldn't have thrown off my training that much.
      I am not sure your weekly milage is ready to support a 15 mile run... I'll say this... if you put in a mid week 8 and get in a couple of 4's you might be ready for 15 on the weekend... but that would put your weekly milage at about 30... which is questionable... it depends how your body feels... And well you have run that distance before so you have an idea of what you are doing so it isn't a new experience... For me it would depend what was up next on your schedule... if you have a cut back week or a resting type week then I would just go for it... however if you are still going up then I would do a mid week 8 and 13... and if you feel ok then put in an extra mile or two and go to 15 but ... if you get to 13 and you are spent... then don't push it... just my opinion... not based on any scientific information... I think if folks are going to answer this question you need to provide... 1.) what distance you are training for... 2.) when is the race 3.) the next few weeks of you program...
        A cut back week, you needed it. Add another week to your schedule, relax.