Any good trails in Southern Indiana area (Read 378 times)

Anyone here from the Southern Indiana area? I live in Evansville and have been chasing my tail at my inlaws 1.1 mile loop or on a treadmill and would really like to run some trails. Looking for any ideas. Willing to drive a bit for some really good areas on the weekends.
    grateful runner

I grew up in Evansville - so I know a few places. However, I haven't run any of these trails. This is just food for thought. New Harmony - kinda hilly, but you can mix in some asphalt and have a good long run. ASP in Henderson - I remember these trails were in great shape. Maybe 2-3 mile trails Lincoln State Park - lots here, comparable to New Harmony Hoosier National Forest - research on your own. There is a lot of good stuff here, if you don't mind the drive. btw - my twin girls are almost 2. I perfectly understand you motivation to go running. hope this helps! Big grin
      2009 Goals 1500 Miles 21:30 5K 1:40 Half Marathon 3:45 Marathon 200 Mile month
        They've extended that river trail to about two miles now--still boring, and not trails, but if you haven't been down there lately, it's a little better. I'm also pretty sure there are some trails on USI's campus--check out their website or give them a call and you should be able to find them. And you may want to check out whether the local running club has any trails on their webiste (gerwc.com), or give a call to Graham over at Swift Athletics, the running store in town, to see if he has any ideas. Hope this helps--I'm not in Evansville, but I run there when I'm visiting my parents...
        C-R

Just moved from there last year. Good hills. Go to USI on the west side and run the cross country track. Excellent place. Just start at the Braodway Ave. softball complex for the first time to get the route down. You can also run at the State Hospital grounds which is a mix of cross country and roads in a loop. Just off Lloyd Expressway and Vann Ave. We used to run in the old stripper pits in Warrick County as well as Blue Grass preserve off I-164 (lots of good loops there). Hope that helps.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Thanks all I will give some of those a try. Audubon State park would be awesome to run in. Need to find out if they actually allow running there first though. I live close to USI and am gonna have to figure out where the trails are there. I knew they had some just not sure where they start and now I doSmile