private message -> email (Read 968 times)

Eric -

Is it possible for the private message function to be optionally lnked to email?  Sometimes I forget to check for a while and if it came in email I would see the message almost immediately.

thanks for considering this.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A Saucy Wench

+1

Oh you think anything people send you is important Trent?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I don't think anybody has ever thought to send me a message ever.  But it still seems to be a good idea.
        eric :)

Hi Lou,

This is certainly something I can do.  I'll probably do it when I revamp the forum code and do the same thing for posts as well.

eric :-)

Prince of Fatness

Is it possible for the private message function to be optionally lnked to email?

Would it also be possible to make it more obvious when we have new messages?  Email notification is good, but anything that brings my attention to the fact that I have a message would be helpful (perhaps something as simple as changing the color of the Messages link).

Not at it at all. 

Hi Lou,

This is certainly something I can do.  I'll probably do it when I revamp the forum code and do the same thing for posts as well.

eric :-)

(delay because I lost track of this request)

Thanks!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

rossruns

Is this still in the works? I sometimes forget to log in and would love to get an email when I get sent a message for timely responses, especially as I am a team captain in the distance contest this year and need to make sure I am handling issues on a timely basis.

rossruns

Bumping - would still REALLY value this as a feature - especially for team members who are unresponsive to PMs because they're absent for a week, but immediately respond once they get an email telling them to check their PMs.