Insoles Bunching Up (Read 109 times)

HermosaBoy

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but yesterday I was out for a long run when it was humid with a high dew point.  Running in Brooks Glycerins.  After about nine miles, the inserts in the shoes started to bunch up.  So the toe and the heel basically started migrating toward each other and everything scrunched up in the middle.

I tried re-lacing my shoes so that my foot wouldn't slide around as much, but that didn't help.  I ended up taking the inserts out of the shoes (which didn't make for a great finish to my long run)...

Anyone have this happen and/or have some suggestions?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Ojo

Interesting!  I had this happen for the first time with the Glycerin 13s -- I was running a 100 mile road race and thought it was because it was pouring and the rain made the insert crumple.  It was really annoying because I thought I was going to get a huge blister from it on my heel.  When I got home I switched the insert with an old insert and have not had any problems since.  I hope this isn't a problem with the newest model!

MTA:  I should add that it only happened on my right foot -- no issues with the other shoe.

Sara

MM #2929

HermosaBoy

Mine are Glycerin 12s.

Rob

Ojo

No problems with the 12s and I generally buy a pair every 2.5 months.  Maybe it is a humidity/dampness problem?  The bad part is that there is no way to straighten it out.  I am just happy that I still had an older pair around.

Maybe contact Brooks and see if they could send a replacement insert?

Sara

MM #2929

kcam

I had this happen with my current pair of Hoka Cliftons.  I finally just used a few strategically placed dabs of Liquid Nails to hold them in place.  That was about 200 miles ago.

Had the same problem with Hoka Cliftons. Took them out and never looked back.

muppy

I do believe you jinxed me! 

I've been wearing Brooks Glycerin for a few years. Two weeks ago  while running in the rain the insole bunched up on me. I wear them for running trails and run through creeks and never had a problem. They were also the Brooks Glycerin12. Customer service hooked  me up with a new pair of insoles.

HermosaBoy

I do believe you jinxed me! 

Sorry

Rob

bdub

Shoe Alarmist