Mileage bug?? (Read 333 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

It would help me a great deal if you can tell me all the ways you entered your info.  For example, do you enter them manually via the web site, or upload them via GPS and save them all at once or individually, or do you use the Android app, or combinations of these methods?

I upload mine from my Garmin and then save them individually. I rarely upload more than one run at a time.  I noticed that after uploading this morning's run, the yearly total didn't change but the total on the progress bars in my goal boxes did.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Just curious where this stands?

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Just trying to give you as much data as I can about this issue, Eric.

I deleted the one workout that it looks like wasn't included in my yearly total (but was in the goal totals) and then uploaded it again.  No change.  Might mean nothing, might mean something. Just wanted to make you aware.

Paul

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

I don't know if this will make a difference, but I found out something last week that seemed to fix my data. After I uploaded my GPS data from my Garmin, I hit "Save All" and then went to the workouts list page to select and edit the most recent run data; after I saved my edits, I noticed that my yearly mileage was corrected in line with my goal progress. (Before I clicked on the edit icon after uploading a single workout, edited it, and then saved it).

Either this change fixed the problem or Eric had a whole lot of time on his hands and made the correction on my page.

theyapper

On the road again...

I could try that, but I've never uploaded more than one run at a time just because each run gets uploaded after the workout, and I've got the option set to not import old runs.  If I did import them all, it would be well over 200 runs.  Not sure I want to do that.

Paul

eric :)

Just trying to give you as much data as I can about this issue, Eric.

I deleted the one workout that it looks like wasn't included in my yearly total (but was in the goal totals) and then uploaded it again.  No change.  Might mean nothing, might mean something. Just wanted to make you aware.

Which GPS do you have?  It sounds like that particular workout might be causing the problem.  I like to take a look at the associated file to see if I can use it to reproduce the problem on my test machine.

In regards to the "Save All" button, you can import the workouts as you usually do, but instead of editing the workouts individually, click the "Save All" button (even if it's just one file) and then edit the file from the workouts list.  The save all triggers a recalcuation, which would fix the mileage problem.

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

In regards to the "Save All" button, you can import the workouts as you usually do, but instead of editing the workouts individually, click the "Save All" button (even if it's just one file) and then edit the file from the workouts list.  The save all triggers a recalcuation, which would fix the mileage problem.

Yes, that is what worked for me. I only uploaded a single run but clicked on "Save All" and then edited the workout.

theyapper

On the road again...

It's the 7.5ish run from 8/8/13, but I've got another run in the morning, and I'll try the Save All tip first to see if that triggers the recalculation.  Thanks, guys!

Paul

It's the 7.5ish run from 8/8/13, but I've got another run in the morning, and I'll try the Save All tip first to see if that triggers the recalculation.  Thanks, guys!

I need the original data file from your gps to look into the problem.

theyapper

On the road again...

Hey, Eric.  I uploaded my run from this morning, hit the Save All button and it worked.  All totals are equal.

Paul

Hey, Eric.  I uploaded my run from this morning, hit the Save All button and it worked.  All totals are equal.

This is only a work around.  I need to get to find the cause of this.  I need you to send me the file so I can try to see if there's something in the file that's causing this problem.