Running in Sandals/minimalist footwear (Read 70 times)

Greywolfrunning

Hey Everybody!

I hope all are well.  So,  I am curious to know how many of you run in sandals/minimalist footwear or have tried to.  I have been running in Luna Sandals for the last 3 years and they have been game changing for my running and the health of my feet, knees, back…..hell my whole body.  Lol

i would love to hear your thoughts and stories on minimalist footwear.

cheers!

💙🐺Luna Sandals

berylrunner

Rick

I used to run barefoot and in sandals.  Enjoyed it.  Helped with some form issues.  Went back to shoes because I like rugged terrain and had some distance goals.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

Greywolfrunning

That’s awesome, thank you for sharing.  What kind of terrain pushed you back to sneakers?  If you don’t mind me asking.

zebano

closest I've come is Merell Trail Gloves which I love but reliably fall apart at about 300 miles so I started buying more rugged shoes. I do run in some Altras which are 0 drop but not minimal.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

Greywolfrunning

you should look into Luna Sandals.  They are all I run in and they have been game changing.  They hold up really well.  I have put about 600 miles of trail work on this pair and I feel like they are just getting warmed up lol.   They are al it if fun to run with in the rain.

berylrunner

Rick

That’s awesome, thank you for sharing.  What kind of terrain pushed you back to sneakers?  If you don’t mind me asking.

Rocks, stickers.  Yeah, I was getting the distances up in sandals but then you have mud and cold which limits those.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

sarahkhan

Hey there! 👋 I've fiddled in minimalist footwear, and I must say, it's quite the experience. The freedom and connection to the ground are something else especially with slippers! While I haven't tried Luna Sandals specifically, hearing about its positive impact on your running and overall health is interesting. Anyone else here on the minimalist journey or have stories to share? Let's swap notes! 🏃‍♂️