Shoe Problem? or Me Problem? (Read 674 times)

Haughee

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this site, not that new to running. I've had a problem that comes and goes, and it really drives me crazy. I will be running and my right ankle starts burning in the front right of the ankle. This will go on constantly until I finish running no matter if I stop and strech out, if its a long run my right calf will also start burning like it is being over streched. Here is the stumper though, it only happens once in a while, I ran a half marathon this summer and I had no problems. I strech real well everytime so I'm pretty sure its not a streching issue. My best guess is I'm tying the shoe to loose or to tight, or I run at a bad angle on that foot on somedays or something. Any guesses?
    jcasetnl

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this site, not that new to running. I've had a problem that comes and goes, and it really drives me crazy. I will be running and my right ankle starts burning in the front right of the ankle. This will go on constantly until I finish running no matter if I stop and strech out, if its a long run my right calf will also start burning like it is being over streched. Here is the stumper though, it only happens once in a while, I ran a half marathon this summer and I had no problems. I strech real well everytime so I'm pretty sure its not a streching issue. My best guess is I'm tying the shoe to loose or to tight, or I run at a bad angle on that foot on somedays or something. Any guesses?
      I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean by your description, but I get something similar to that in roughly the same location. Is it definately in the ankle? For me, it's a very minor sprain. If I feel with my fingers where the ankle meets the foot and rub in those tendons I'll find some soreness. The compensation for the sprain, if I continued to run, would result in other stuff tightening up (like calf). I got it for two reasons. First and foremost is that I used to pronate. I got some over the counter orthotics and that's no longer a problem. Second was I wasn't stretching the affected area enough and/or not warmed up. Given my poor foot plant, stretching was all the more important and I didn't do enough of it.