Neighbor's dog poo (Read 738 times)

Chris345

What would you do? The neighbor in the house directly behind ours (across the alley way) dumps his dog poo in our garbage can on his way back inside. Our garbage can is actually out of his way. He has to pass his can on the way back inside his garage but he goes out of his way to make sure his can does not smell like dog sh*t! My husband actually caught him once and nicely asked him to stop but I've seen him and his wife do it several more times and I just saw him do it again. Man that makes me mad! We always say hi to them if we see them. I don't think we did anything to make him mad. I've thought of somehow wiring a webcam out there and posting him in the act. Maybe a little public humiliation?? Any Ideas? C

Lazy idiot

I'm not sure I'd have the guts to go through with it, but you could deposit a deuce in his trash can.

Tick tock

I'd take a picture. That's wacko behavior if you've asked him to stop. Now, we have a house behind us that's sort of become abandoned. Owners totally let it go to crap. Leaves and limbs from their property always end up on our yard. I have little problem tossing them back over the fence. Is the guy bigger than you? You could toss the crap back in his yard. Any other problems w/ him?
        JakeKnight

I just like the title of your thread. Carry on.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

I'd do want DrewEOB says.... Get a 5 gallon paint bucket full of humanure from your family and pour it in his can... Big grin make sure to be really sloppy with it... Smile Actually, I would just politely ask them to stop. See if there is something wrong. Are these cans used by the waste pickup? If not, I'd get a can you could lock up... or lock it but just unlock it on pickup days.

Vim

You could always put a rabid raccoon in your can to scare him next time he tries to deposit his dog's poo in your trash Big grin I'm assuming the poo is in a plastic bag of some sort, if so I would remove any bags I find and leave them on his steps.

Lazy idiot

I'm assuming the poo is in a plastic bag of some sort, if so I would remove any bags I find and leave them on his steps.
                This is probably more in line with what I would do (though I still like my original suggestion)

Tick tock

The final solution would be to poison their dogs or shoot them.... or steal their dogsand take them to a city far far away... if you are animane... okay humane.

Vim

Chris345

I'm not sure I'd have the guts to go through with it, but you could deposit a deuce in his trash can.
                    Um no. Funny, but no.
                      The final solution would be to poison their dog or shoot it.
                      Now, now, it isn't the dog's fault that its owners are jackasses.
                      2009: BQ?
                        Okay... get a dog carrier and ship the dogs to Trishierunner with a thank you card.

Vim

JakeKnight

Okay, here's a relevant answer. Sort of. We had a neighbor up our street, an older guy probably in his late 60s, who habitually walked his down down to our end of the street - and let his dog crap in our front yard. Dog owners know that dogs are creatures of habit; they'll soon start to pick out a favorite dumping spot on their daily walk. And sure enough, it became my front yard. I guess I could have let it slide. It wasn't a huge dog, and I have 3 of them. But it was the disrespect that got to me. Everybody else in the neighborhood carries the dumb little plastic bags - why couldn't this guy? First time I saw him, I ignored it. Figured he was out and forgot his back. Then I started noticing poop in the same spot regularly, but couldn't be sure it was him. Second time I saw it (actually my lady saw it and told me), I was annoyed. Third time, I was in my garage lifting weights (back before the running thang), and I saw him do it. So I walked over to MY supply of those stupid little bags, went out and scooped up his dog's crap, carried it down the street to his house, knocked on the door and said: "Hey, you left this behind." The funniest part was when his wife yelled: "Which house is yours?" To which I replied: "Does it really matter? Quit letting your dog crap in people's yards." No more problem. But there isn't a happy ending. I was smugly pleased with myself at first ... until I noticed that not only did the guy never, ever come to my end of the street anymore, as far as I know, the dog doesn't even get to go for walks. Ever. So basically, I ruined a dog's life because I had to pissy about it. Now I feel guilty. Although it is a poop-free guilt. The moral of the story: you could probably just bag it up and take it back to the guy. But then he'd beat his dog or something. And it'd be your fault. So it'd probably be best to ignore the poop ... but hire some goons to break the guys knee-caps.

JakeKnight

Uh, yeah. If you want to throw a brick at the guy's head, I'm all for it. Get me on your jury. But don't blame the dogs.
                            Get a 5 gallon paint bucket full of humanure from your family and pour it in his can... Big grin make sure to be really sloppy with it... Smile
                            A good idea in theory. In practice ... I'm frankly a little worried about the collection procedures.

Hey, nice marmot!

I feel your pain! I have a neighbor who lets his dog crap about 3 feet from my front door. He doesn't do it everyday, but there are about 4-5 piles out there now. Seriously though, if you wanted to deal with dog sh1t, you'd buy a dog right? Why do (some) dog owners feel that it is their right to inflict their pet upon others? You do present a tough puzzle though. I'm assuming the obvious solution of moving your trashcan or locking it isn't feasible. You have to be careful in this situation because poo = health hazard. He is technically throwing it away, so even the simple act of pulling his dog poo out of your trash can and putting it on his porch could be construed as assalt, depending on your state of residence. However, since he's dumping waste into your trashcan, you might have a case. Look up the regulations in your city. It may be illegal to dump waste in someone else's privately owned container. I'm sure it would only come with a modest fine, but I'd wager that if he had to pay $20 everytime he put his dog crap in your container, he'd quickly come to terms with smelling his dog's poo in his trashcan. Best of luck.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

Burninated Peasant

Personally, I think I'd start putting interesting stuff in my trashcan. Fake human remains. Satanic literature. Empty bullet casings. Or maybe anything that might be in Brian Pope's trashcan. Maybe he'll pick on another neighbor.