Cheap Winter Running Gloves...Public Service Announcment (Read 298 times)

Slo

For those that don't require much winter glove, here is a link to a very inexpensive throw away.

I just recieved my 2 dozen which will take care of me for the next two seasons. Much more if I didn't give them away.

Last item on this page, sold by the dozen. Get a few people to go in and save on some UPS charges.

Cheap @$$ Gloves

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

What's shipping like?  I don't feel like giving them all my info just to find out it's double the price of the gloves.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Slo

If you are only ordering 1 dozen that may be the case.

I ordered 6 dozen and split the order 3 ways...Shipping was around $8 for the six dozen. A little over $0.61 a glove.

Even if it cost $6 to ship one dozen that's only a buck per glove...If you only wear them for running a dozen will last you a long time. I end up using mine for general purpose around the house.

MTA: Since I have an acount I checked...$8.58 to ship two Dozen, $10.21 for 6 dozen. YMMV, It's UPS verified so location will change it.

You might want to check your local hardware store first. I generally find the same cotton poly gloves by the dozen at mine. This year I paid $7.99 for the dozen, no shipping.

Runners run

Slo

You might want to check your local hardware store first. I generally find the same cotton poly gloves by the dozen at mine. This year I paid $7.99 for the dozen, no shipping.

+1

I was able to get them at a ACE in the last town I lived.

Why is it sideways?

These are what I use -- like them better than the synthetic gloves, seem like they keep the hands at the right temp. The cost a dollar two ninety eight. I think I bought mine at a gas station.

These are what I use -- like them better than the synthetic gloves, seem like they keep the hands at the right temp. The cost a dollar two ninety eight. I think I bought mine at a gas station.

My gloves cost $20. Scientifically speaking, this makes them 10x warmer than yours.

Or I'm a fool being parted from his money. Take yer pick.

zonykel

+2. They are really cheap. If you are racing and the temperature goes up, you can chuck them. If they were $20 gloves, you'd probably carry them the rest of the race.

I just switch to mittens on the super cold days, such as last Sunday when it was 12 F.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

My supermarket has knit poly gloves in big barrels for $2/pair, sometimes discounted to $1/pair.  They are great.

If you are only ordering 1 dozen that may be the case.

I ordered 6 dozen and split the order 3 ways...Shipping was around $8 for the six dozen. A little over $0.61 a glove.

Even if it cost $6 to ship one dozen that's only a buck per glove...If you only wear them for running a dozen will last you a long time. I end up using mine for general purpose around the house.

MTA: Since I have an acount I checked...$8.58 to ship two Dozen, $10.21 for 6 dozen. YMMV, It's UPS verified so location will change it.

Also chack out the safety classes and grab a few of those. I use a cheap set of safety glass for cycling and I get asked about them quite a lot. Most people can't believe how cheap they are and still look good.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life