Think you have a strong core? (Read 2060 times)

Try  this!

One of the most insane workouts I have ever seen.  I will have to try it.

chrimbler

Meh
      Run like you stole it!
      protoplasm72

My hands and forearms were crippled after 5-6 minutes.  It wasn't a particularly difficult core workout though.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

if he didn't spend so much time standing on a concrete block it would have been more difficult.  he's certainly better at soccer than most people.  I suspect most folks would not get much of a workout as the ball would go flying in a random direction within 2 seconds.

Yeah umm, what's so hard about that?

Doing 20 leg lifts w/ a 20 lb DB would be much harder than kicking a ball around for a few seconds than resting.

PR's: 5k 19:34 2008 10k 41:05 2008 Half 1:34:34 2007 Marathon 3:29:49 2009 Up next, Spring Marathon NJ?

Yeah umm, what's so hard about that?

Doing 20 leg lifts w/ a 20 lb DB would be much harder than kicking a ball around for a few seconds than resting.

Seriously. Dude is still fat.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yeah, but, it's NEVER BEFORE SEEN!!!!!

$$$ NOW!!!!

and other cool stuff.

The best stuff always has super exclamatory decoration; that's how you know it is the best stuff.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Marylander

It doesn't seem like the stated goal of the exercise has anything to do with body fat levels. Believe it or not there are people who do "core" training who aren't doing it to get visible abs. That said, it seems like the only possible bonus for this kind of training is to make it less boring. I can't stand doing that stuff. My "core" was strongest when I was squatting and deadlifting heavy without any specific "core" exercises...

Kirk

It doesn't seem like the stated goal of the exercise has anything to do with body fat levels. Believe it or not there are people who do "core" training who aren't doing it to get visible abs. That said, it seems like the only possible bonus for this kind of training is to make it less boring. I can't stand doing that stuff. My "core" was strongest when I was squatting and deadlifting heavy without any specific "core" exercises...

Kirk

Excellent point. Squats and deadlifts are the best "core" work you can do.

PR's: 5k 19:34 2008 10k 41:05 2008 Half 1:34:34 2007 Marathon 3:29:49 2009 Up next, Spring Marathon NJ?
                    chrimbler

Excellent point. Squats and deadlifts are the best "core" work you can do.

I dunno, I ate a lot of cheese one night and then about a day later I got a really good 'core' workout

Run like you stole it!
                      GST

You think he's fat?

He doesn't look fat to me. He looks muscular.

Mmm, muscular.

<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy" />