Training Plans (Read 245 times)

Albon

A feature where you can search and share your training plans......

www.therunningswede.com

If you are asking Eric to modify Running Ahead to allow for Training Plans, I believe its already been done......

Training Log - Training Plans..... and you can plan away, and make it public or keep it private...

A good feature and has been there for about 2 or 3 years.....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Albon

I mean more searchable, I know about the feature but I was hoping it could be more easy to find. Now you have to look up every single runner to find them....

www.therunningswede.com

eric :)

A searchable training plan function may not be as useful as you think.  There are tens of thousands of plans in the system.  Even if you can filter based on goal race distance, workouts per week, longest run, and other criteria, you would still have hundreds of plans.

I built the training plans with sharing in mind, although the sharing part has not be added yet.  I like to have a list of training plans.  At this point, I don't know what's the best way to display the plans such that it would be useful.

eric Smile

Albon

If you can search Category 5K, Marathon etc Mileage per week, goal time and number of weeks you get far I think

www.therunningswede.com

Hmmm ... So if I understand this, if I want to follow a Pfitzinger 18-week plan, I must manually enter each day?

Hmmm ... So if I understand this, if I want to follow a Pfitzinger 18-week plan, I must manually enter each day?

Hi Dan,

If you have the plan yourself, then you would have to enter it manually.  If you know someone on RA that has the plan, you can copy it from that person using the Copy function, unless I misunderstood your question.

eric Smile

You got it. I was being lazy. Wink

sunkid

If you search google with RA specified as the site, just add the /logs/ directory and you'll find some plans you can copy: "pfitzinger site:runningahead.com/logs/".

If you search google with RA specified as the site, just add the /logs/ directory and you'll find some plans you can copy: "pfitzinger site:runningahead.com/logs/".

What doesn't Google know!