PLEASE! : Post Your Top 10 Songs On Your Running Playlist! All Genres Welcome! (Read 3573 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I thought that iPods were bad.

That's not what your mom told me.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Prince of Fatness

That's not what your mom told me.

I think that you are mistaking my mom for someone else's mom.

Not at it at all. 

Menace to Sobriety

I've considered putting together a playlist of f-bomb songs...I could have that Cee Lo song, P!nk's "F*ckin' Perfect," Lily Allen's "Fuck You," and Peaches' "Fuck The Pain Away."  I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I personally own.

In the spirit of the season, don't forget "I Hate F-ing Christmas" by the Rugburns.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

AnneCA

I've considered putting together a playlist of f-bomb songs...I could have that Cee Lo song, P!nk's "F*ckin' Perfect," Lily Allen's "Fuck You," and Peaches' "Fuck The Pain Away."  I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I personally own.

Liz Phair, Fuck and Run.   Bonus:  has the word run in the title, therefore, must be about running and should be added to all running playlists. 

xor

Anything by Marcel Marceau.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Please compile this.  It would be awesome.  I don't run with music, though.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

• Dvorak - Cello Concerto in B Minor, op. 104
                • Saint-Saens - Cello Concerto No. 1 in A Minor, Op. 33
                • Albinoni Concerto a cinque for 2 Oboes, Violin, Viola, Cello, and Continuo in C, Op.9, No.9
                • Jan Bach Dionysia
                • Bach Sonatas and partitas for solo violin

Pretty heavily eighteenth & nineteenth century (I don't know the Jan Bach - I'll look it up).  Add some Stravinsky.  Firebird, Rite of Spring.  Maybe Villa-Lobos.

Nice idea.  This will be a fun listen around the holidays.  A few others come to mind:

NWA - Fuck Tha Police

Nine Inch Nails - Starfuckers, Inc.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nice idea.  This will be a fun listen around the holidays.  A few others come to mind:

NWA - Fuck Tha Police

Nine Inch Nails - Starfuckers, Inc.

I looked up "fuck" on iTunes...I could spend a LOT of money making my fucking playlist! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If you keep your eyes open, you can see someone jogging behind the stage partway through this, which I really enjoyed--watch the string section:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crL1HShyNb8c

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

wannaberunner

I look my best blurry!

I'm not expecting everyone to love this because it isn't hardcore but you said all genres. Nobby got me hooked on Bocelli and I can't pick a fave. I listen to anything with Bocelli. I also love James Morrison, Adele, Jon McLaughlin and yes John Mayer. My current top 4 songs are by Jon McLaughlin (from Indiana CD) - Industry, People, Perfect and Anthem of American Teenagers.

I heard Surf Wax America (weezer) on the radio yest. morning, couldn't get it out of my head all day. I ran fast yesterday. It was fun. I like the idea of "rolling like a thousand pound keg".

I looked at all the past grammy album of the year winners and nominees. Clearly the grammies are a poor reflection of what is good music (imo).

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                          jeffdonahue

You're the best around- Joe Esposito

Is this from "The Karate Kid" during the tournament at the end? (the original Karate Kid of course)

DanB

These are the songs that I get amped by, in no particular order:

• Back in Black – AC/DC
                              • Pour Some Sugar on Me – Def Lepard
                              • Help – The Beatles
                              • Born to Run – Bruce Springsteen
                              • Love Shack – The B-52’s
                              • Keep Pushing – REO Speedwagon (live)
                              • Black Dog – Led Zepplin
                              • Magic Carpet Ride – Stephanwolf
                              • Run Through the Jungle – Credence Clearwater Revival
                              • Truckin’ – The Grateful Dead

2013 Goals.......

Run On by Moby

Flower by Moby

Carbon Leaf (anything from Indian Summer or Echo Echo)