High School XC Aches and Pains - Insight is Appreciated (Read 31 times)

spolls

Hey guys, I'm a ninth grade cross country runner from Virginia. I jumped right into cross country this July, not having done much training at all (though, I also play lacrosse goalie). I have done well, with an 18:05 PR but I feel my body is still adjusting to running. My first ache was after I twisted my ankle on a tree root - I took almost a full week off (because my doctor made me) I iced and it improved, just not a ton. The Saturday of that week (first day I took off was Tuesday) I went to my friend's house on the bay, ran around, played beach games, etc. I took a long walk that night, including some on the sand and miraculously, the next morning, my ankle felt almost 100%. I went back to practice on Monday. Later, after a tempo day followed by a all night running fundraiser (we didn't run all night, just for periods) I got a pain where my right toes connect to my foot. It hurt when walking and when starting a run, but went away during the run. It lasted for about a week - week and a half until I went to the same friends house, I ran around in the water, played beach games, and the next day it was gone (very strange). After my race one week ago, I felt it returning a tiny bit but it didn't come into full effect until my track workout on Tuesday. I had a 2500 meter race yesterday, and still feel this pain. I have iced and done small amounts of rest both times but neither seems to have significant effects. Does anyone have any insight and/or help with this?

Also, I get hit in my leg with a lacrosse shot in my game a week and a half ago, and felt tightness in that spot (left quad/thigh) before my race one week ago. I felt it again in my track workout Tuesday, and yesterday before and after my race. I have used a stick roller and stretched it but it is still unusually tight. Does anyone have any insight on this?

While these just seem to be minor ailments, they are annoying and I feel that they effect my speed, so I would like them to go away.