MP3/headphones for Swimming (Read 53 times)

jeffdonahue

My son is away at college and prefers to swim for exercise.  He did buy himself headphones that were supposedly designed for swimming but said they are giving him issues.  Does anyone out there use headphones (or an MP3 player) when they swim and if so can you recommend a brand?

Thanks

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I purchased these 6months ago.  Best running MP3 player I've ever had.  Open-ear / Bone-conducting.  They are 100% waterproof.  I've used them in a down-pour and the shower, but never swimming.  Never been more satisfied. Aftershokz Xtrainerz (about $150)

The only thing I would change about them is the weird charger coupling and an ability to FF 30sec or RW 30sec because I listen exclusively to podcasts.  Heck, it might even do this, and I just never figured out how.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Still kicking

I've been using these, 3 times  week in the pool, for the last year, and love them. Bone conduction. I have 600 or so songs on them, I downloaded from my computer. I also use them for running. It also has an FM radio, but the reception isn't so good at the pool, but great outdoors. They come with, and recommend you use ear plugs with them while swimming, and it makes them sound even better. Amazingly, they are louder under water, than above the water. Mine have lasted almost a year... and that's a record for me, as I usually kill the older, wired, swim radios in less than a couple months.

I'm also on Athlinks and Strava

I've been using these, 3 times  week in the pool, for the last year, and love them. Bone conduction. I have 600 or so songs on them, I downloaded from my computer. I also use them for running. It also has an FM radio, but the reception isn't so good at the pool, but great outdoors. They come with, and recommend you use ear plugs with them while swimming, and it makes them sound even better. Amazingly, they are louder under water, than above the water. Mine have lasted almost a year... and that's a record for me, as I usually kill the older, wired, swim radios in less than a couple months.

Dean, thanks for the real-world review. I am interested in bone conduction but didn't want to throw down $150 for the Xtranerz. I may get a pair of these for running.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Still kicking

Bill, I think you'll love them! No wires, and no gross sweaty ear buds.

Just don't get your hopes to high for high fidelity, as they aren't. But they work great for what they are. They are fine for music, and I really like the radio for keeping up with news broadcasts and talk shows. And they are FANTASTIC for hearing your music/radio, and still hearing noises around you. You can even carry on a conversation with someone, without taking them off. BUT... they can get a little hard to hear in high winds. And rain and sweat are not an issue. I rinse mine off in the shower after workouts.

Also... in cold weather, don't put your stocking cap over them. Put them on the outside of the stocking cap! It's amazing how well that works. I think the sounds get amplified by the fabric, and make them sound even better!

I'm also on Athlinks and Strava

Luciplay

My son is away at college and prefers to swim for exercise.  He did buy himself headphones that were supposedly designed for swimming but said they are giving him issues.  Does anyone out there use headphones (or an MP3 player) when they swim and if so can you recommend a brand?

Thanks

Try to use Underwater Audio Waterproof iPod

hannamontana1968

spam