2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

Today I really had to kick myself to get on that TM. Didn't get enough sleep last night, came home really late this evening...did my 7 km anyway; I'm a bit tired, but I feel really good.

Runner100

-

jamlevasseur29

I just finished day 14- first day I had to motivate myself to do it.  So far all is fine with the body - keeping my total mileage same as before the streak, just spreading out my runs

TJoseph

8 miles today.  This is now my longest streak at 18 days.

elodie.kaye

This streak has had an unexpected consequence for me. I'm currently rehabbing hamstring tendinitis. At the start, I worried I might inhibit healing if I forced myself to run when it didn't feel good. Instead, I've become far more conservative than I've been historically. I'm running pretty often, but I'm super careful about stretching the distance now. If I have a setback, I might have to quit the streak!

perryw

And I'm out.  Rolling my ankle twice last night seems to have sprained it.  There's some bruising and swelling today and it was painful to walk.  A jog across the living room ended after about 4 steps.  Maybe I'll try a New Year's to Valentine's Day streak Smile

4 on 15. A bit nipply. Colder tomorrow & snow coming this weekend. I read today that 60% of the country has some kind of snow-cover. I believe it.

Intentionally Blank

Treadmill for me this evening.  I watched the Biggest Loser on Hulu.

xhristopher

And I'm out.  Rolling my ankle twice last night seems to have sprained it.  There's some bruising and swelling today and it was painful to walk.  A jog across the living room ended after about 4 steps.  Maybe I'll try a New Year's to Valentine's Day streak Smile

I guess hopping a mile on one foot is out of the question. Heel up!

xhristopher

This streak has had an unexpected consequence for me. I'm currently rehabbing hamstring tendinitis. At the start, I worried I might inhibit healing if I forced myself to run when it didn't feel good. Instead, I've become far more conservative than I've been historically. I'm running pretty often, but I'm super careful about stretching the distance now. If I have a setback, I might have to quit the streak!

The streak make you run smarter because you must listen to your body.

Day 14 done.  Didn't have the energy to bundle up, so I unburied the dreadmill for 2 miles.  First time I've used it since the first week of April.

Treadmill for me this evening.  I watched the Biggest Loser on Hulu.

I love that show...don't tell anyone I said that.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Ran/ mostly hiked up to ~9200 feet in the midday sun on a very snowy but reasonably packed trail.  Great views from the top and 2400 ft of ascent in 2.5 miles followed by a blistering slip-n-slide run back down.  Great fun all around and an awesome way to make a 5 mile "run" last almost an hour and a half.

17 days in and just over 100 miles.

Christirei

strides around the track for me today, realized i only need 57 more miles this month to hit 2000 for the year!

Guess 14 degrees and sun feel warmer than 18 degrees in the dark with some wind. One more day of this cold snap and back to normal winter time temperatures.

Get off my porch